Manager, Public Partnerships and Policy (50505)
Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network, seeks an experienced leader responsible for strengthening Zipcar’s relationships with governments across North America in ways that support the growth of car sharing as a vital, sustainable part of the transportation ecosystem. You will be a critical part of the policy and partnerships team, part thinker and part doer, with a proven ability to identify, launch, and scale public-private partnerships.
What you’ll do:
- Initiate and strengthen relationships with local government and transit agencies across Zipcar’s footprint in North America.
- Maintain and track existing programs, including opportunities through local procurement requests or renewals.
- Manage day-to-day public partnership relationship management in partnership with operations partners.
- Launch and scale public partnerships that align with Zipcar’s mission and growth plans.
- Implement tools, toolkits, best practices, and training for local operations teams on the front lines managing Zipcar’s local market operations.
- Develop and implement public policy agenda with state and local lawmakers and agencies.
- Drive new models for public-private partnerships and demonstration projects that illustrate Zipcar’s position as a leader in urban mobility and a partner to cities.
- Create public partnership strategy for emerging policy areas including electric vehicles, alternative vehicle ownership, low-income outreach, as well as land use and residential zoning policy.
- Track and manage opportunities for public grants.
- Develop policy best practices and manage outreach to legislative bodies.
- Identify, track, and mitigate any regulatory threats to Zipcar’s mission and continued growth.
- Leverage support from advocacy organizations, industry leaders and academic and research groups to strengthen support for public partnerships.
What drives success for this role:
- 5-8 years prior experience managing public-private partnerships, government affairs or public policy; transportation experience preferred; a blend of experience within public, private and non-profit sectors a plus
- Communication: Truly exceptional communication skills, written and verbal; ability to succinctly tell a compelling story to potential partners, and clear articulation and persuasion in positive or negative situations. Prior public relations or government communications experience a plus.
- Collaboration: Ability to work effectively in a matrix structure, managing diverse projects with cross-functional teams across disciplines; comfortable engaging with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strategic and creative thinking: Able to see the bigger picture, set goals and deliver results and inspire the same in others.
- Relationship-builder: Proven ability to develop relationships with influencers at all levels
- Agility: Ability to act and react quickly and flexibly in a fast-paced environment, with ability to thrive in ambiguous, entrepreneurial and dynamic environments
- Passionate: Passion for Zipcar’s core mission of simple and responsible urban living and commitment to serving our members
- Flexible with schedule and ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
What tops off the tank:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and other voluntary benefits through our parent company, Avis Budget Group
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, personal, sick, volunteer and Parental Leave options
- Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Bicycle Reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Free Zipcar Membership and other employee discounts, including discounts on renting and buying Avis/Budget cars
- Community involvement opportunities
The extra mile:
We encourage Zipsters to bring their whole selves to work – unique perspectives, personal experiences, backgrounds, and however they identify. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-14