Manager, Public Partnerships and Policy (50505)
Zipcar, the world’s leading car sharing network, seeks an experienced leader responsible for strengthening Zipcar’s relationships with governments across North America in ways that support the growth of car sharing as a vital, sustainable part of the transportation ecosystem. You will be a critical part of the policy and partnerships team, part thinker and part doer, with a proven ability to identify, launch, and scale public-private partnerships.
What you’ll do:
- Initiate and strengthen relationships with local government and transit agencies across Zipcar’s footprint in North America.
- Maintain and track existing programs, including opportunities through local procurement requests or renewals.
- Manage day-to-day public partnership relationship management in partnership with operations partners.
- Launch and scale public partnerships that align with Zipcar’s mission and growth plans.
- Implement tools, toolkits, best practices, and training for local operations teams on the front lines managing Zipcar’s local market operations.
- Develop and implement public policy agenda with state and local lawmakers and agencies.
- Drive new models for public-private partnerships and demonstration projects that illustrate Zipcar’s position as a leader in urban mobility and a partner to cities.
- Create public partnership strategy for emerging policy areas including electric vehicles, alternative vehicle ownership, low-income outreach, as well as land use and residential zoning policy.
- Track and manage opportunities for public grants.
- Develop policy best practices and manage outreach to legislative bodies.
- Identify, track, and mitigate any regulatory threats to Zipcar’s mission and continued growth.
- Leverage support from advocacy organizations, industry leaders and academic and research groups to strengthen support for public partnerships.
What drives success for this role:
- 5-8 years prior experience managing public-private partnerships, government affairs or public policy; transportation experience preferred; a blend of experience within public, private and non-profit sectors a plus
- Communication: Truly exceptional communication skills, written and verbal; ability to succinctly tell a compelling story to potential partners, and clear articulation and persuasion in positive or negative situations. Prior public relations or government communications experience a plus.
- Collaboration: Ability to work effectively in a matrix structure, managing diverse projects with cross-functional teams across disciplines; comfortable engaging with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strategic and creative thinking: Able to see the bigger picture, set goals and deliver results and inspire the same in others.
- Relationship-builder: Proven ability to develop relationships with influencers at all levels
- Agility: Ability to act and react quickly and flexibly in a fast-paced environment, with ability to thrive in ambiguous, entrepreneurial and dynamic environments
- Passionate: Passion for Zipcar’s core mission of simple and responsible urban living and commitment to serving our members
- Flexible with schedule and ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
What tops off the tank:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and other voluntary benefits through our parent company, Avis Budget Group
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, personal, sick, volunteer and Parental Leave options
- Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Bicycle Reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Free Zipcar Membership and other employee discounts, including discounts on renting and buying Avis/Budget cars
- Community involvement opportunities
The extra mile:
We encourage Zipsters to bring their whole selves to work – unique perspectives, personal experiences, backgrounds, and however they identify. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V.
Learn more here
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2021-09-12