Manager, Public Policy
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The Manager, State and Local Public Policy will join a growing, dynamic team and be able to directly enhance Amazon’s advocacy before US state and local policymakers. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers.
The Manager will create and execute state and local government affairs objectives in the Southcentral region including the states of Georgia and Florida. This position will be responsible for engaging on state legislation, working with outside consultants, and interacting with our trade associations. This position will also support local government outreach, and establish relationships with public officials in communities where we have existing facilities and planned development. The Manager will attend policymaker conferences and be responsible for building positive relationships.
The Manager will work collaboratively with relevant business, public relations, and legal teams to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. The Manager will assess and anticipate public policy matters, oversee and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives. This position will report to the Senior Manager, State and Local Public Policy and work closely with other public policy team members.
This position will be based in either Miami or Fort Lauderdale, FL.
· BA/BS required
· At least 8 years of relevant public policy experience and a keen working understanding of the US state and local policymaking process and government relations
· Law Degree or Master’s Degree
· Demonstrated ability to be both a substantive issue expert on matters related to Amazon’s business and a manager of complex political relationships
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging
· Experience identifying and understanding key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in state and/or local political environments, understanding business implications, and synthesizing information for internal and external customers, and recommending a best course of action
· Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate, state government, and regulatory agency levels
· Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job posted: 2021-04-09