Manager, Public Policy
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The Manager, Public Policy, will have the responsibility to help develop and execute government affairs advocacy objectives and political priorities for Amazon on issues related to payments and lending products and services.
The Manager will create and execute a federal government affairs strategy to set the agenda with the legislative branch and other government regulatory agencies as needed. This position also includes effectively educating key agency officials and their staff on financial services and payments priorities. This position will coordinate advocacy work with trade associations, consultants, and financial policy organizations.
The Manager will work collaboratively with our payments and lending business and other internal operations teams to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. This position will assess and communicate potential government activities back to the business, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions, and help coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Public Policy, and work closely with other public policy team members to execute on goals.
This position will be based in Washington, DC.
· BA/BS required
· At least 5 years of relevant public policy experience, a keen working understanding of working on financial services issues, and broad government relations strategy experience
· Law Degree or Master’s Degree
· Demonstrated ability to be both a substantive issue expert on matters related to Amazon’s business and a manager of complex regulatory and political issues
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging
· Experience identifying and understanding key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in financial services, understanding business implications, synthesizing information for internal and external customers, and recommending a best course of action
· Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate, legislative, regulatory agency, and other government levels
· Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-02