Manager, Public Policy
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The Manager, Public Policy – Food Safety and Consumables, will lead federal, state, and local public policy supporting our food and consumables retail business. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers.
The Manager will create and execute federal, state, and local government affairs objectives on various food policy issues nationally to support our growing food retail business, including food safety, food labeling, private label, regulated product lines, and federal feeding programs. Manager will represent Amazon before the FDA, USDA, and state agriculture and health departments. This position will be responsible for effectively engaging with federal, state, and local policymakers to promote and advocate for the company’s public policy objectives.
The Manager will work collaboratively with others in public policy and relevant businesses to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. They will assess and anticipate public policy matters, oversee and execute external advocacy efforts, and drive key initiatives. This position will report to the Senior Manager, State and Local Public Policy, and work closely with other public policy team members to execute on goals.
This position will be based in Arlington, VA.
· BA/BS required
· At least 8 years of relevant public policy experience and a keen working understanding of the US state and local policymaking process and government relations
· Law Degree or Master’s Degree
· Demonstrated ability to be both a substantive issue expert on matters related to Amazon’s business and a manager of complex political relationships
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging
· Experience identifying and understanding key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in state and/or local political environments, understanding business implications, and synthesizing information for internal and external customers, and recommending a best course of action
· Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate, government, and regulatory agency levels
· Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
· An ability and desire to travel is required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-06