Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Public Policy
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Public Policy professional to manage relationships with a growing network of partner organizations–including think tanks, academic institutions, trade groups/associations, and public-private partnerships. Specifically, this role would focus on international organizations and/or those with global scope. The ideal candidate has recent, applied experience with such organizations, demonstrated interest, and a meaningful background in international cybersecurity policy issues. Must be a highly-organized self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment; be able to both lead and follow; be able to operate independently and across federated teams and across cultures; and successfully build and maintain strong relationships with executives, staff, and a variety of external stakeholders globally.
This is an important role within our Privacy & Public Policy organization, which is situated within the Office of the CTO. The team is globally distributed and integral to CrowdStrike’s corporate and technology strategy.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain strong, professional relationships with partner organizations and external stakeholders in the U.S. and abroad, spanning distinct workplace cultures and timezones.
- Manage a wide variety of CrowdStrike-supported projects and engagements.
- Coordinate, staff, and support CrowdStrike principal-level engagements.
- Facilitate quick-turnaround feedback from internal subject matter experts on time-sensitive projects and manage longer-term project delivery.
- Help distill CrowdStrike policy positions, sometimes regarding highly technical, rapidly-developing issues. Clearly and persuasively communicate these positions to stakeholders.
- Manage and contribute substantially to Requests for Comment (RFCs) on policy issues.
- Provide the Privacy & Public Policy team with logistical and Administrative support, as appropriate.
- Assist with other U.S. and international policy-related opportunities and initiatives, as appropriate.
U.S.-based role. Remote is possible for the right candidate but there is a preference for candidates within a reasonable commuting distance to one of the following offices: Arlington, VA; District of Columbia (remote)
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience, master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years experience–though more senior-level candidates are encouraged to apply, as well.
- Proven track record of monitoring technical and/or cybersecurity policy issues.
- Outstanding writing skills, professionalism, and an aptitude for briefing and public speaking.
- High degree of endurance and flexibility, with the ability to work autonomously and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Effective team player with the ability to meet project deadlines with exceptional attention to detail.
Bonus qualifications: Experience with privacy, competition, trade, and consumer protection; formal legal training/experience; experience with the policymaking process in Latin America or Middle East; foreign language proficiency (e.g., Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, et. al).
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Recruiting@crowdstrike.com, for further assistance.
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants in Colorado the salary range is $85.000 – $130.000 + bonus + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states.
CrowdStrike participates in the E-Verify program.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-27