Manager, Public Policy
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) is a late-stage biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavax recently initiated development of NVX-CoV2373, its vaccine candidate against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and achieved positive Phase 1 clinical trial results. NanoFlu, its quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both vaccine candidates incorporate Novavax’ proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M adjuvant in order to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies. Novavax is a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines; its proprietary recombinant technology platform combines the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles in order to address urgent global health needs.
We are seeking a Manager of Public Policy. This position reports to the Senior Director of Public Policy and Market Access within the Commercial Organization.
- Monitor US and EU healthcare market trends, relevant legislative and regulatory developments, and analyze their impact to Novavax
- Develop strategic and tactical recommendations that address implications of policy developments and identify proactive opportunities to advance the Novavax policy agenda
- Draft regulatory comment letters and other materials in support of policy positions, and contribute to the development of corporate messaging that is used with external stakeholders and policymakers
- Represent Novavax within external organizations with policy-focused activities, such as coalitions and trade groups
- Participate on and bring an understanding of the public policy landscape to cross-functional teams, including Government Affairs, Market Access, Public Relations, Corporate Affairs, Sales, Marketing, Legal and Regulatory
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: advanced degree in health policy, law, or any other related field
- 2+ years of experience in public policy with a solid understanding of the US healthcare landscape, including key programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. Experience in vaccines preferred
- Understanding of or interest in global health landscape, including the United Nations / World Health Organization and the European Union
- Demonstrated analytical skills to assess how legislation and policy changes impact the company and business environment
- Detail-oriented approach
- Strong writing skills
- Teamwork skills and ability to work cross functionally with multiple internal departments, including Policy, Market Access, Marketing, Public Relations, Legal, and Medical Affairs
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Novavax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-22