Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Public Policy, Political Affairs
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The Manager, Public Policy will support public policy initiatives with a focus on working with internal teams and external partners to ensure that our positions are clearly communicated. They will work to collect, analyze, and distribute relevant research and information to inform external stakeholders about our public policy positions. They will develop resources to help internal partners understand the broader public policy environment, and coordinate efforts across internal policy, legal, PR and business teams to ensure our efforts align with the needs of our business and our customers.
The ideal candidate should be adept at the collection and analysis of information, and communicating meaningful insights to policymakers, thought leaders, and reporters. The Manager should be adept at working cross-functionally, and leading projects that require inputs from multiple stakeholders.
Candidates should also have familiarity with public policy, media engagement, political dynamics, trade associations and advocacy groups. This position will work collaboratively with others in public policy and relevant business and legal teams to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals.
The position is based in Washington, DC.
- BS/BA required.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in public affairs (public policy, policy communications, or external relations) – and a keen working understanding of politics, business trends, economics, and media narratives. Candidates will be able to demonstrate their experience through work within public affairs firms, government, companies, consultancies, or equivalent organizations.
- Experience in program or project management including demonstrated skills breaking down tasks, simplifying roadmaps, establishing owners and timelines, and reporting on status.
- An ability and desire to travel is required.
- Previous public affairs experience.
- Familiarity with technology, economic and business trends.
- Highly effective oral, written, and communications skills.
- Deadline-driven, highly organized, with the ability to multitask and work independently.
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, with strongest professional reputation in the industry.
- Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across organizations and cultures.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job posted: 2022-09-08