Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager Public Relations
WHO WE ARE
Responsible for planning and conducting public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for the company. Plans and directs development and communication of information designed to keep public informed of Company’s programs, accomplishments, or point of view. Organizes a significant flow of work and meets appropriate deadlines while representing the organization. The ideal candidate will have approximately 4-7 years of experience in a PR/Comms role with excellent writing skills and a strong understanding of media relations and industry events. Knowledge of advertising and/or advertising technology preferred.Job Description
- Represents, coordinates and supervises public relations activities that facilitate communication of the organization’s message to external audiences.
- Focuses direction and efforts on understanding what audience is to be reached and with what message.
- Works and collaborates with company leaders, other members of the communications team and internal departments such as social media and marketing to drive the best outcomes.
- Serves as liaison with external stakeholders, such as press, industry partners, and event organizers.
- Writes and edits external communications materials including award entries, messaging, bylines, biographies, and press releases.
- Assists in pitching and managing earned speaking engagement opportunities at industry events for leaders and attends such events when appropriate.
- Practices media relations with pitching announcements, coordinating interviews, and responding to requests.
- Coordinates executive headshot photo shoots.
- Manages messaging database.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $109,402.22 – $164,103.33
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-22