Manager, Public Relations
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a candidate with a comprehensive understanding of corporate public relations to the role of Manger, Public Relations. The individual will be responsible for overseeing ongoing public relations-related projects, creating content, managing third-party agencies, media relations and other outward-facing communications for an owner, operator, lender and developer of real assets.
The individual must be able to distill complex financial and real assets-related concepts into public relations materials, work effectively with other departments and be able to manage projects from inception through completion while keeping stakeholders informed of project status. Prior experience with crisis communication management is beneficial. Existing relationships with industry and/or local and national media are helpful. Outstanding writing and editing skills are a must.
While the individual must enjoy collaboration and teamwork, the candidate must have the ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and interface with various business units and senior business leaders. We prefer candidates with an upbeat attitude, an ability to remain calm and positive under pressure, and a natural ease in working with senior leaders. The qualified candidate must be detail-oriented, able to handle multiple projects and timelines simultaneously, extremely professional, organized and customer service-oriented.
- Ensure consistency of CIM’s brand voice while promoting the Company, its activities and its properties/projects.
- Develop strategic plans and creative ideas that promote the CIM brand, owned and managed assets, key differentiators and capabilities.
- Create and edit corporate communications, press releases, talking points, presentations, speeches, FAQs, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating with other departments, including Legal and Compliance to review and approve any communications.
- Assist employees in various external communications, public applications such as RFPs, grant writing, and new development proposals.
- Stay abreast of activities within the organization and evaluate opportunities for potential media placements.
- Monitor current industry activities and make recommendations to adjust media strategy as appropriate.
- Work with third-party agencies at the corporate and property-level to ensure consistency in communications.
- Coordinate with other marketing channels including print, digital, social and email.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key local, regional, national and industry media outlets.
- Leverage owned media channels (i.e., web, social, etc.) to convey CIM’s message.
- Be available and provide crisis communication support and counsel for complex business issues.
- Develop key performance indicators and other success measures; provide regular reporting
- Prior experience in public relations and/or media relations within real estate, infrastructure, financial services, private equity, investor relations or similar fields.
- Existing positive relationships with real assets editors and reporters a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing acumen.
- Deep understanding of the changing media landscape and the ongoing news cycle.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including prior experience working with senior management.
- Understanding of public company and private fund compliance regarding marketing rules beneficial.
- Strong strategic and analytical capabilities.
- Must be highly adaptable and resilient to change.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder management skills; ability to work with senior leaders and manage relations with key internal and external stakeholders on communication opportunities and business issues.
- Ability to multi-task, quickly prioritize projects, and work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, independent worker, strong team and cross-functional collaborator, motivated individual who is able to effectively direct and manage priorities while meeting deadlines for deliverables.
- Able to deal with confidential information without exception.
- Proven record of providing outstanding internal and external customer service.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
- BA/BS degree in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, government/public affairs or related work experience, or similar combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-03