Manager, Public Relations
Cooper Tire offers an entirely unique work experience because no matter what your title is, you’ll play a part in contributing to the development, manufacturing and marketing of some of the most innovative tire products in the world. Cooper is a fun and exciting place to work. We are constantly on the lookout for motivated individuals who lead by example and inspire others to greatness. The opportunities are endless and the rewards rich for those who believe that job satisfaction and career success begin with a satisfied customer. Careers are a Journey…Come Ride with Us!
Location: Flexible: in-office work is expected to be approximately 50% at a Cooper location (Findlay, Ohio; Ann Arbor/Detroit, Michigan) and 50% remote.
The Manager, Public Relations reports directly to the Vice President, Communications & Public Affairs. This role is responsible developing and executing strategic public relations plans to increase awareness of the Cooper brand, with aggressive impressions and quality media coverage goals. With one direct report, this position works closely with the Cooper brand marketing team and an external agency partner to reach key consumer audiences. The position is for an experienced public relations professional with demonstrated capabilities to conceptualize public relations programs and lead their execution (including media pitching, working with influencers and trade show media activities, etc.)
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with the Vice President, Communications & Public Affairs to develop a public relations strategy, tactics and measurement methods
- Manage PR initiatives that generate media exposure for Cooper’s new and existing products
- Develop manage, track and report on PR budget
- Write press releases, media pitches, talk points and other collateral for PR efforts
- Monitor ongoing trends, news and topics to leverage on behalf of the Cooper brand
- Assist in facilitating media interviews with subject matter experts, including identifying and training key leaders to serve as brand spokespeople; provide media coaching as necessary
- Drive effective collaboration and integration with the brand marketing team and other Cooper stakeholders
- Direct and manage the work of external PR agency
- Oversee the measurement and reporting of PR metrics; report program KPIs to key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or a related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in public relations; experience in brand or product public relations preferred
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) is a plus
- A proven track record of creating and executing successful PR campaigns and securing media coverage
- Existing relationships with regional and national news media a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including AP Style knowledge
- High level of creativity, attention to detail, strong project management skills, self-motivated and able to work efficiently under deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience developing, managing, tracking and reporting on budgets
- Proficiency with media monitoring tools and outcome reporting
- Must be able to protect confidential information
Cooper Tire is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, develop and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture and opportunities to grow and develop. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-17