Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Public Relations and Corporate Communications
CRUSH IT HERE!
We’re not just about grapes. Our bold ambition is to be the leading company of convenient, good for you, fruit-based food and beverage globally. To make this happen, we need talented, agile and innovative people who want to help us grow something special together.
Our culture is authentic, and we are building an inclusive environment where you belong and can be the best version of yourself. If you’re passionate about achieving goals, trying new things and making an impact every day, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Manager, Public Relations and Corporate Communications who is a communications expert who can lead all public relations (external and internal) and social media efforts across our portfolio. This includes a deep understanding of how to leverage paid, owned, and earned channels in building Welch’s brand equity and maintaining our storied reputation with the public.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead and manage all external (media relations, business and community affairs) and internal (human resources, brand pride, corporate) communications for Welch’s.
- Devise measurable public relations strategies with our agencies for campaigns (events, influencers, paid integration, product placement, experiential), innovation and corporate calendars, delivering strong ROI
- Develop social and PR extensions of integrated campaigns, setting KPI’s for evaluation.
- Craft press releases and direct public outreach – trade and mainstream press pitches
- Act as spokesperson for media inquiries and outreach
- Create social media content calendars to drive organic reach and curate brand personality across all external and internal social channels
- Pilot and implement social media listening capability, leveraging data to help create content workstreams
- Partner with consumer call center to mitigate issues (crisis management), legal and HR to guide proper responses to product and company inquiries, craft official statements, and drive business building opportunities.
- Promote and foster organization’s social purpose campaigns
- Championing culture change and other HR initiatives in partnership with HR leveraging internal communication tools.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Creative and business minded with a passion for the CPG industry
- High level understanding of social media and its role in external/internal communications
- Have a strong functional/strategic/creative balance
- Well-connected with CPG/Food bloggers, influencers and media
- Ability to prioritize between internal corporate communications needs and external equity messages
- Great communication skills – verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, PR, English or related field
- 7-10+ years working internal (Client) or agency side in a communications/public relations (PR)/corporate affairs role
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate with creative and media agencies
- Social media listening/tools experience, e.g. Sprinklr, Emplifi
- Established network & relationships with industry media
- Experience working/interacting with C-Suite
- Understanding of crisis management
- Experience in CPG/Food Industry highly preferred
- 2-3 writing samples OR on-camera example, e.g. press release, presentation, or social media
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
- Organization with a bold, clear purpose.
- Authentic culture that supports working together to deliver results.
- Workplace where teams care about each other and your voice is heard.
- Core and voluntary benefits so you can choose the right recipe for you.
- Generous 401(k) plan with annual company match.
- Flexible schedules so you can balance your work life priorities.
- Learning and development opportunities with coaching.
- Safe and clean working environment.
- Welch’s believes that our differences make the difference, and we take pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Vets.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-13