Manager-Public Relations (External Communications)
The Manager – Public Relations (External Communications) is responsible for enhancing Lidl’s reputation through the effective management and implementation of Lidl’s external communications. This role requires excellent judgement, organization and communication skills – written, verbal and visual. The manager will understand Lidl’s business priorities as well as those of relevant audience and stakeholder groups. Informed with that understanding and background, this role helps plan, implement and coordinate successful external communications campaigns for the business.
- Develops and implements professional communications guidelines and systems to assure consistency and quality in Lidl US external communications
- Creates structures to ensure the ongoing operation of the external communications channels, including evaluating them in respect of their effectiveness and efficiency
- Develops and executes external messaging, PR strategies and timely responses to complex and pressing external inquiries
- Implements and assures ongoing stakeholder, market and competition monitoring in the areas relevant to External Communications
- Builds and maintains relationships with relevant stakeholders from the media, associations, the economy and politics, classic and social media
- Provides strategic advice and assistance for business department managers on external communications matters
- Develops an annual strategic plan, coordinated with the business departments and Corporate Communications, including measures
- Identifies and manages suitable consultancy companies for assistance with the essential orientation of External Communications and agencies for assistance with the project and day-to-day business – in accordance with budget planning
- Ensures effective and regular monitoring, reporting and performance measurement of national communications campaigns, taking into account international guidelines and specifications and communications systems
- Assists the Director of Communications in consulting and implementing adequate issue and crisis communications
- Assists head of communications in protecting and strengthening Lidl’s reputation and anchoring Lidl as a responsible company in external perception.
- Managing members of the public relations team
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Knowledge of media landscape, including key technologies and tools, trends, figures, journalists and best practices.
• Ability to provide excellent judgement, understand complex problems, and develop solutions
• Strong writing skills, and the ability to persuade with concision
• Knowledge of current news and the ability to understand key trends driving the evolution of the media landscape.
• Strong public speaking skills
• Highly organized, with ability to create strategic plans and execute against them
• Flexible and action-oriented, with an ability to adapt to changing situations
• Ability to coach and manage teams
• Ability to be cost aware
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years of experience in communications, marketing and related fields
• In lieu of degree, 7+ years of experience in a retail related field with a strong and tangible track record of success
Physical Job Requirements
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment, including the store(s), distribution center(s), warehouse(s), and/or corporate office(s) with the capability to switch job functions/roles quickly
• Ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) more than half the time
• Ability to maneuver cases of product (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to operate machinery and/or equipment that requires the constant use of hands/fingers/wrists
• Ability to spend more than half the time viewing computer monitors
• Ability to identify and distinguish between colors more than half the time
• This position commutes between regional stores/offices/distribution centers less than 25% of the time within a day
• Anticipated travel will be by car, air, and/or train
Lidl US, LLC & Affiliates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to, including but not limited to, race, sex, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, national origin or ethnicity, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, disability, or veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-02