Manager, Public Relations, Luxury Brands
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|
Global Brand Public Relations (PR) is an integral function of Marriott’s Global Communications & Public Affairs (GCPA) department which leads Corporate Communications, Media Relations, Internal Communications, Government Affairs, Social Impact, and Multicultural initiatives for the Company. As a member of the Global Brand Public Relations team, the Manager, Public Relations, Luxury Brands is a key member of the PR team contributing to the development and management of public relations initiatives for Marriott International’s luxury brands portfolio in partnership with the global brand leadership teams and the Vice President, Global Brand Public Relations.
Within the luxury brands portfolio, which includes The Ritz-Carlton, Ritz-Carlton Reserve, St. Regis Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott, W Hotels, The Luxury Collection, EDITION, and Bvlgari Hotels & Resorts, this position is focused on both the strategy as well as the implementation and deployment of a wide-range of day-to-day public relations initiatives and activations for W Hotels, including development and implementation of media relations plans for W Hotels; consulting/counseling property public relations teams; publicity generation; media tours; special event management/activations; public relations activities in conjunction with trade shows, hotel grand openings and brand partnership launches. In addition, this position is responsible for writing a wide-range of communication materials including press releases, talking points, speeches, newsletters, fact sheets and briefing documents. This position is key in helping to manage the global PR firm for W Hotels.
Although this role is keenly focused on the W Hotels Brand, this role is also dedicated to day-to-day public relations projects for Marriott International’s luxury brands portfolio, including strategy development and event management. This position liaises closely with the global and continent brand marketing, content and social media teams, as well as with the teams within GCPA. This position is part of the broader Global Brand PR team within GCPA and reports to the Director, Luxury Brands PR.
The primary responsibilities of this position include managing public relations work for the W Hotels brand and the broader Luxury Brand portfolio, specifically:
- Together with the Director, Luxury Brands PR, establishes the strategic vision for proactive storytelling for W Hotels including the PR strategy and annual planning for W Hotels. This position is the day-to-day expert and liaison for public relations for the W Hotels brand team and is responsible for presenting PR point of view (POV) when actively attending and contributing to all W Hotels marketing and brand management meetings. This position is continually generating PR ideas for the W Hotels brand and, in conjunction with the Director, Luxury Brands PR, ideates press worthy partnerships appropriate for the brand.
- Responsible for brand media research and updates the brand team on pop culture and lifestyle trends.
- Communicates with hotel-based marketing managers; provides feedback and guidance relative to hotel PR plans in the US. Ensures media kits and other public relations related materials originating from the hotels are appropriate, error-free, and complements the brand.
- Is a key contributor and responsible for writing various public relations materials focused on amplifying the company’s messages around the future brand strategy of W Hotels; such materials include press releases, media pitches, talking points and other communications materials to support senior executives for the W Hotel brands. Coordinates reviews, edits, and approval of communications materials on behalf of W Hotels.
- Considered a valuable member of the W Hotels Brand team and plays a key role in the planning, implementation, and execution of key brand initiatives including securing speaker opportunities for brand executives.
- Continually focused on generating media opportunities for W Hotels and is responsible for leading press FAM trips to new openings and brand initiative showcases.
- Manage day-to-day communication with global PR firm based in New York.
MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL LUXURY BRANDS PORTFOLIO SUPPORT:
- Partner with Global Brand PR Team members to help manage the broader PR portfolio work including event management, guestlist support, agency management, etc.
- Independently engage with major national and trade outlets focusing on luxury, lifestyle, business and general news to ensure regular communications and in support of brand initiatives.
- Track and maintain a record of media clips and coverage across all Marriott International luxury brands. Responsible for monitoring of all relevant luxury trend news and present consolidated findings in a digital newsletter distributed on behalf of Global Brand & Marketing Officer.
- Manage reporting of media successes for the luxury brands portfolio. Produce mid-year and year-end recap materials showcasing all PR successes to stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and draft internal and external executive communications, including thought leadership, trends forecasting, presentation development, and speech writing for Global Brand & Marketing Officer and Senior Vice President of Luxury.
- Liaise with continent PR, development, and brand marketing teams and responsible for tracking global calendar of anticipated hotel opening dates.
- Track budget and provide a report outlining the ROI relative to budget and revenue generation for PR campaigns.
- Provide guidance with internal communications, social media, corporate PR and global PR colleagues to ensure message consistency and amplification of results.
- Partner with third parties (e.g., hotel owners, corporate customers, partners), as needed for information and media activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Position:
Successful candidates should possess the knowledge, skills, and experience as follows:
- Minimum of 4 years’ communications, media relations and/or related field experience required; public relations agency or campaign communications experience preferred; travel or hospitality experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the luxury hospitality and / or the travel/tourism industries.
- Knowledge of the media with established network of contacts across a spectrum of consumer and lifestyle outlets.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with all levels of the company, including senior management.
- Strong writing, editing, and proof-reading skills..
- Process oriented, well-organized and capable of working quickly and simultaneously handling several projects.
- Creative thinker with experience identifying and executing communications for new ideas.
- A team player who works well with others and contributed to the team’s success.
- Highly focused self-starter with attention to detail, strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, global environment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in communications, journalism, marketing or public relations preferred.
At Marriott, we are committed to putting our associates first and their health and safety are our highest priorities. This position requires associates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per current CDC standards or approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-31