Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Regulatory Affairs
Manager, Regulatory Affairs | ANIMAL HEALTH INSTITUTE
Organization: The Animal Health Institute is a trade association representing manufacturers of animal medicines, including pharmaceuticals, animal pesticides, and animal biologicals for both pets and food producing animals. AHI works to promote the availability of veterinary medicines to maintain the health and welfare of animals and represents the interests of its members in the legislative, regulatory, and public arenas. AHI works closely with veterinary, commodity and producer associations whose members use products and services of our member companies.
Position Overview: The Manager, Regulatory Affairs will be an integral member of the Regulatory Affairs team at AHI. Reporting to the Vice President, Regulatory and International Affairs, this position will serve as an AHI staff liaison to two sections within the Regulatory Affairs Team (Animal Drug and Veterinary Biologics) and several working groups within those sections. Additionally, this position will coordinate regularly with member company personnel responsible for influencing scientific and regulatory affairs issues within the animal health space. Core responsibilities include the following:
· Working closely with the Regulatory Affairs Director, Vice President, and Chairs of Committees and Working Groups to coordinate all aspects of in-person and/or virtual meetings including but not limited to site visits, IT coordination, agenda creation, meeting invitations, and timely distribution of pre-and post meeting materials.
· Managing committee rosters and updating electronic platforms to facilitate collaboration with external experts and stakeholders.
· Liaising between AHI staff and appropriate regulatory agencies (EPA, FDA, USDA) on a broad range of scientific issues and write comment letters, talking points, and other communications for submission to government regulatory authorities.
· Monitoring government announcements and publications such as the Federal Register, relevant blogs, and newsletters.
· Coordinating strategy discussions and building work plans, soliciting input from internal and external stakeholders.
· Representing AHI at local functions such as conferences, stakeholder meetings and networking events.
· Handling requests from other AHI staff and AHI members quickly, professionally and effectively, seeking help and guidance from management as needed.
· Supporting all other AHI staff, as required. This may include anything from hosting/leading meetings to administrative tasks when necessary.
· Fulfilling other duties/projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate’s experience includes:
·This is not an entry level position. Candidates must have a minimum of five years’ experience in agriculture, animal science, veterinary or health industries. For example, policy development for an animal health company, trade association, legislative office, and/or regulatory agency.
· Bachelor’s degree in a policy, veterinary, or STEM field.
· Master’s degree in policy, veterinary, or STEM field, preferred but not required.
· Must reside in the Washington, DC metro area.
Other Qualifications include:
· Strong professional demeanor with the ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment where priorities and direction may change frequently.
· Self-starter, strong time management and organizational skills required.
· Ability to read, analyze, present, and interpret government regulation and guidance.
· Collaborative working style solicits buy-in and commitment from colleagues and stakeholders.
· Concise and effective writing and oral communication skills and the ability to represent the industry in various public settings.
· Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
Expected Salary Range and Benefits: $80,000 – $100,000. AHI also provides comprehensive benefits including premium healthcare, 401(k), paid leave and more.
Ability to travel < 20% primarily in the U.S
The position is located in central Washington, DC. The location is accessible by Metro Rail and monthly and daily fee parking is available on site. AHI staff have worked from home since March 2020 due to the pandemic. A return to the office, at least part-time, is anticipated.
To apply: Please email your CV/resume in PDF format to email@example.com
Job posted: 2023-05-18