Manager, Regulatory Affairs
CPower is a leading, national energy solutions provider guiding customers towards a clean and dependable energy future. We maximize the value of our customers’ distributed energy resources by facilitating participation in demand-side management programs. CPower works with over 11,000 sites across North America to provide superior economics, while delivering the highest-rated customer experience in the industry. We are entering our 8th year as CPower but we have a rich history in the demand response industry going back 30 years.
We are looking for a Manager, Regulatory Affairs in the Mid-Atlantic/PJM area that will continue the thriving demand response programs and help CPower maintain its role as a leader in the energy management industry.
- Serve as CPower’s primary regulatory liaison to PJM and state regulatory commissions in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Advocate for policies and regulations that promote the interests of CPower. Develops policies and strategies for gaining approval in PJM stakeholder process and state utility regulators, with a limited focus on other executive branch agencies and state legislatures. The key focus is on programs, regulations and market rules that enable demand response (DR) and distributed energy resources (DER) in wholesale and retail markets.
- Write and review comments filed in regulatory proceedings. Analyze market rules and regulations and tariffs rule or regulatory proposals and comments. Public speaking in PJM or utility commission stakeholder processes and industry trade shows.
- Coordinate with Sales, Legal, Customer Fulfillment/Operations, Pricing and Marketing to create new or expanded business opportunities (develop commercial opporties through effective execution of regulatory strategy), and support implementation.
- Coordinate with Compliance team to monitor ongoing regulatory and legal developments impacting CPower. Support initiatives to ensure ongoing compliance with market rules and regulations.
- Inform management and impacted CPower teams of activities and regulatory developments. Ongoing assess analysis business threats and opportunities. Develop strategy recommendations to discuss with management and other CPower teams.
- Participate in industry associations/trade groups that seek to advance DR/DER opportunities. Coordinates positions with affiliated companies to develop joint positions and proposals.
- Position will be an individual contributor without direct reports, but will manage regulatory engagement across the region.
- Bachelor’s degree (Liberal Arts, Economics, Political Science, Engineering, Business, Finance)
- 1-5 years’ experience in electricity industry or regulatory and government affairs.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to understand federal and state regulations, commission orders, and tariffs and business practice manuals.
- Works well in collaborative or group settings; outgoing personality/friendly disposition
Unique opportunity to work at a successful, growing company with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We focus heavily on developing our employees and linking successes to our core values. CPower offers a great benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation, etc. CPower’s leadership prides itself on maintaining a rewarding culture, and always striving to offer a great team-member experience.
CPower is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-20