Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager of Regulatory Affairs and Supplier Management
Founded in 2015, Imperfect Foods, a Certified B CorporationTM (B CorpTM), is the leading online grocer at the forefront of eliminating food waste and building a better food system. We work directly with farmers and producers to rescue, redistribute, and develop goods across multiple grocery categories, and to date have rescued more than 150 million pounds of food from lesser outcomes. Our customers enjoy a customizable service that is more affordable and more environmentally friendly than the average trip to the grocery store.
At Imperfect Foods, we’re on a mission to eliminate food waste and build a better food system for everyone.
Net Zero Carbon Commitment:
Imperfect Foods pledged to become a net-zero carbon operation by 2030. To do that, we’re working to optimize every part of our business operations and supply chain to mitigate waste, and are switching to 100% renewable energy in our fulfillment centers and vehicle fleet by 2027.
Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable for the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.
About the Role:
Imperfect is building a Vendor Compliance Team to centralize and manage all aspects of vendor/supplier governance, ensuring supplier products adhere to our quality requirements. The Regulatory Affairs and Supplier Management Manager will lead the development and enhancement of internal procedures, including implementing technology and workflow, to achieve a streamlined, modern risk management approach and oversee regulatory compliance activities as it pertains to food labeling laws adherence to federal, state and local requirements.
- Establish the vision and organizational framework for a comprehensive vendor/supplier compliance program
- Review and establish vendor/supplier agreements in regards to on-time performance, product quality, operational KPIs, and partner with suppliers on improvement plans
- Establish a framework for supplier data monitoring, contract enforcement, and execution of site and process audits for new and existing suppliers according to Approved Supplier SOP
- Ensure that all critical supplier processes are established and under control through the use of capability analysis, risk management, and monitoring systems
- Establish a robust system for non-conformance and consumer complaints resolution with an emphasis on closed-loop root cause and corrective actions
- Undertake ongoing monitoring of vendors to safeguard against reputational, financial & fraud-related risks
- Partner with supply chain and merchandising leaders to set measurable improvement targets for critical suppliers and participate in critical supplier reviews on a regular cadence
- Work with Quality Leadership and Finance teams to create a pipeline for tracking supplier/vendor deficiencies and performing chargebacks
- Serve as the point person in the development and implementation of the supplier/vendor compliance and management programs
- Ensure all supplier and product documentation are up to date in compliance with regulatory and company requirements in the electronic repository platform
- Develop a regulatory compliance program for food labeling, marking and packaging requirements as it relates to labeling and packaging requirements.
- Conduct routine product and label verification audits and provide feedback regarding FSQR performance to merchandising team and suppliers.
- Ensure product and vendor/supplier approvals are conducted in accordance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance to all product-related regulatory and specification requirements (including but not limited to FDA, Gluten Free, GMO, net weight content, the development and verification of Nutritional Facts Panel information and associated ingredient and allergen statements, Kosher, Halal, Organic, USDA/FSIS, NSF, REACH, P65, TSCA, and other related regulatory components)
- Participate in and implement/effectively communicate new legislative initiatives or new regulations across the organization.
- Serve as the point of contact for all Supplier and Company-initiated recalls, withdrawals, and business continuity activities.
- Backup Food Safety Practitioner and other related FSQR Programs as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 -8 years experience in Compliance leadership and Regulatory Affairs roles
- Thorough knowledge of Compliance Management systems, statistical analysis, and establishing a vendor compliance program
- Formulation and label creating experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of FDA and USDA labeling regulations
- Ability to effectively interpret regulatory guidance and regulations-regulatory and food law knowledge with CPG experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategy and ensuring budgetary alignment
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with the ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large and diverse audiences
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities
- Experienced user of Google Suite. Advanced Excel proficiency is a plus
- You understand the art of nuance and have the ability to align other functional leaders and teams around vision. Confident in presenting to executives on fast-moving programs
- You are a catalyst for change with a bias for positive action
- You have a Player/Coach mentality and are highly motivated to make a difference
- Demonstrated capability for problem-solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
- Flexible and agile; able to pivot to changing circumstances and business demands
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position:
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the Head of Quality and Food Safety
- This role is not 100% remote but a hybrid and must be able to frequently commute to one of these locations: Los Angeles, CA; Portland, OR, San Antonio, TX, Northlake, IL, or Hanover, MD. Preference for candidates who live in these areas and can commute regularly
- Domestic travel required
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package includes healthcare, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Frequent movement around warehouses and manufacturing facilities is necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Imperfect’s commitment to DEI
Imperfect Foods is steadfast in its commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.
We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams.
DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
COVID update for on-site employees:
All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).
Job posted: 2022-04-24