Manager, Scientific & Regulatory Affairs – Toxicology
The Manager, SRA will assist with the development and implementation of a food safety strategy to ensure the safety of ingredients and portfolio for The Coca-Cola Company in North America, and support growth and innovation. The role will support growth initiatives by reviewing, gathering information, approving ingredients and food contact materials, and providing recommendation for company positions on current / emerging issues with the purpose of reducing our scientific and regulatory barriers to growth.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Support the creation and execution of scientific and regulatory strategies to address food safety and regulatory challenges.
- Partner with cross-functional business teams to conduct safety and compliance reviews for innovation projects to enable innovation, and provide stewardship and governance to re-affirm the safety and compliance of our products, ingredients and food contact materials.
- Design and assist with the implementation of strategies necessary to ensure the safety of North America Operating Unit’s ingredients and portfolio.
- Provide food safety expertise and conduct risk assessments to support M&A, incident management, and other growth initiatives.
- Participate in selected external organizations related to food safety to influence outcomes and advance our scientific and regulatory strategies.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Advanced degree, strong preference for Ph.D. in food toxicology, natural products, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in food industry, government, trade associations, or related industry in similar food safety roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed to effectively communicate clear and concise safety, regulatory, and governance imperatives both internally and externally
What We Can Do for You
- Purpose Driven: Purpose driven approach that empowers our people to protect the environment and communities we serve while delivering safe & quality products.
- Global Connections: Allows you to develop, enhance and maintain global connections that allow us to move faster and learn from others.
- Community of Belonging: We’re an organization that believes our ability to continually grow and build the right atmosphere where people feel safe and empowered, lets you bring your best self to work.
- Compensation & Benefits: Competitive benefits package that start on day one of employment
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Job posted: 2021-04-25