Manager (Senior Manager) EU Government Affairs
The Manager, EU Government Affairs, reports to the VP International Policy IDM/Head of EU Representation Office, and is responsible for the co-creation/development and execution of EU level strategies on key priorities, in alignment with global, European, and market priorities and activities.
The person will work as part of a comprehensively networked function that works with countries, our commercial structure and the Company around EU policy issues aiming to maintain & improve the operating environment for Pfizer in Europe, contributing to Pfizer’s global strategic goals through the direction set by the VP/Head of EU Office.
The Manager will:
- Work closely with key colleagues across the company to co-develop strategies and to align with global & Regional commercial and public affairs priorities and activities.
- Work to co-lead, develop and deliver comprehensive European government outreach campaigns that contribute to the strategic direction set by the VP/Head of the EU Representation Office, and which demonstrably enhances the European operating environment for Pfizer medicines.
- Build critical government and stakeholder relationships and partnerships at EU level, based on a detailed understanding of EU-level and market-level dynamics while maximizing opportunities to leverage programs and practices across regions.
- Engage at EU (Brussels) level with key stakeholders, including EU patient groups, to leverage Pfizer’s priorities and activities and maintain/enhance Pfizer’s reputation.
- Be responsible for compliance-related activities of EFPIA code relative to Pfizer relationships with patient and disease groups – including timely data collection and transmittal.
Work with broader IDM team, commercial, public affairs, policy and access colleagues at a global and market level to:
- Co-develop, co-lead and execute government affairs strategies on key health care issues and EU legislative issues, as defined and prioritized by VP/Head of EU Office.
- Secure external stakeholder support at EU level for key health care issues, legislation and policies on business-critical issues such as access, affordability, intellectual property, research, and innovation policies.
- Develop and leverage strong relationships with EU government officials and influencers, at above country and Pan-EU level, that enable Pfizer to advance its policy proposals seeking to maintain and improve the operating environment in Europe.
- Develop & nurture strategic partnerships with other key EU-regional stakeholders including patient groups, in order to demonstrably maintain & enhance relationships
- Provide support at EU-Brussels-level on relevant commercial priorities which can be leveraged at EU level.
- Deliver yearly compliance report to Efpia for patient groups across the EU.
- Around 4-6 year’s experience in public affairs, policy, or government relations, with experience in health care. Ideally prior experience working in the European Parliament, or another EU institution.
- Education: Master’s Degree in law, political science or similar.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent understanding of EU political and legislative environment
- Networked in Brussels
- Understanding of key stakeholders and influencers
- Broad understanding of economic, demographic and social trends and their consequences
- Strong experience in developing and driving strategies with measurable results, and coalition building in complex environments.
- Should be well organized, highly motivated, creative and process-driven with regards to problem solving.
- Must be able to work under pressure, independently and in a team environment, and with all levels of the organization and government officials.
- A strong team player
- In addition to English, preferably speak 1-2 other languages spoken within the European Union.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-05-13