Manager/Senior Manager, Health Policy
Reporting to the Chief Advocacy Officer, the Manager/Senior Manager, Health Policy serves as a subject matter expert on health care issues impacting hospice and palliative care for seriously ill and vulnerable populations. The incumbent supports activities related to health care policy, regulatory, sub-regulatory, and legislative work; prepares comment letters, develops policy recommendations, conducts analysis, and serves as a resource for staff and our members. He/she develops products including policy alerts, briefs, presentations, and website resources to meet the needs of our members. The Manager/Senior Manager, Health Policy participates as an integral member of the team to advance NHPCO’s policy agenda covering a broad range of issues related to improving access, promoting health equity, healthcare delivery and payment reform, regulatory and compliance, and health care innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Tracks, researches, and prepares materials on federal regulations, legislation, policies, and sub-regulatory guidance.
- Prepares comment letters, policy briefs, discussion documents, memos, testimony, and talking points in support of NHPCO’s policy positions.
- Develops NHPCO products including policy alerts, tool kits, summaries, and briefs for NHPCO members.
- Assists NHPCO members with regulatory questions and issues while providing research support to outstanding resolve issues.
- Monitors the Federal Register, CMS publications and announcements, and relevant activity of key federal agencies.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with hospice and palliative care professionals to translate their needs into NHPCO communications, tools, and resources.
- Supports NHPCO projects by creating internal documents, spreadsheets, and conducting research for a variety of projects, meetings, and programs.
- Staffs various committees, councils, and/or working groups.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge: Has knowledge of federal regulations and legislation that shape policies related to access, compliance, reimbursement, and clinical issues under Medicare and Medicaid.
- Analytical skills: Conducts research and performs data analysis.
- Interpersonal skills: Works as an effective member of the team, across departments, providing input to departmental and organizational activities while fostering a team spirit.
- Organizational skills: Possesses advanced organizational skills and can manage time sensitive tasks, and handle multiple projects simultaneously, and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Communication skills: Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master of Public Health, Public Administration, Health Services Administration, Public Policy, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience analyzing and developing policy on healthcare-related regulations and legislation.
- Solid experience writing comment letters, testimony, policy briefs and memos, advocacy materials, and consumer-facing materials.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and internet search engines.
Please apply through NHPCO’s Career Page and include your resume, cover letter and salary requirements: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=39fc7c46-b9f5-43b3-87eb-4f6485372f8b&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=402004&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Job posted: 2021-05-28