Manager/Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a science and material innovation company rethinking the biology and reimagining the world. We partner with nature to create never-before-imagined materials and products across industries – from agriculture to consumer electronics, personal care to pharmaceuticals, and more. We’re not just changing the way stuff is made; we’re changing the stuff itself. For more information visit https://www.zymergen.com.
Zymergen is seeking to expand its Regulatory Affairs team to support its growing business operation. As a Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will serve as the regulatory expert for projects in multiple industries (Consumer Care, Food, and Chemicals), identifying and addressing regulatory issues bearing on product development and commercial launch. Zymergen’s interests are global, so you will advise on US regulatory matters as well as on counterpart regimes across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. The Regulatory Affairs team works in a highly collaborative manner and the successful candidate will engage cross-functionally with partners in technical, commercial, and legal functions.
- Provide US and international regulatory guidance and support for Consumer Care (insect repellent), Food, and Chemical products
- Advise, develop and execute on a regulatory strategy to support product launch and/or commercial delivery
- Provide leadership within project teams and departments to ensure regulatory requirements are understood and followed
- Coordinate and prepare all regulatory activities required for submissions to the US and international regulatory agencies
- Maintain regulatory filings and communications with regulatory agencies and/or external partners
- Ensure internal compliance with all appropriate regulations for projects/products
- Track regulatory developments in the US and internationally for changes to laws and regulations that may impact Zymergen’s business
- B.A./B.S. is required, advanced degree (MS, Ph.D. or MBA) is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of regulatory experience in chemicals, pesticides or consumer care
- EPA FIFRA registration experience is strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of the US or international regulatory requirements for consumer care (insect repellent) or chemical products is preferred
- Leadership ability, excellent relationship building skills, a collaborative and proactive team player with the ability to quickly gain fluency in new subject areas
- Must exercise rapid learning ability, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, strong communication and technical writing skills
- Experience working in a high- growth, fast-paced organization is preferred
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.
Job posted: 2020-06-01