Manager, Social Media and Engagement
The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) is a medical professional society of over 6,000 members with 50+ staff and a $10M annual operating budget. It is an energetic, fast-paced organization with multi-faceted opportunities in the area of addiction medicine.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for managing the organization’s social media presence and leading its social media community engagement strategy. As a creative and tactician, you champion ASAM brand and voice to position our organization as the leader in addiction treatment education, science, and advocacy. You will report to the Associate Director of Marketing and engage daily with subject matter experts to produce relevant and authentic content that drives conversion and engagement across social media channels.
- Execute and evolve a social media strategy in support of organization and individual campaign goals.
- Oversee and contribute to social media content development, collaborating with a range of content contributors.
- Create and maintain a social media content calendar.
- Develop external content creators on social platforms around physician training in treating addiction and reducing stigma.
- Design and deploy social media campaigns to drive social media community engagement and increase awareness.
- Monitor social media daily to identify and address sensitive issues, or opportunities.
- Cultivate and collaborate with other addiction/health related societies on national campaigns.
- Oversee measurement, analytics, and optimization of social media efforts, communicate results, and make recommendations for improvement and growth.
- Collaborate across marketing team to amplify ASAM brand consistency, messaging, and tone.
- Monitor and capture audience sentiment and insights through online conversations about ASAM’s brand and competitors, and analyze to capitalize on developing opportunities and shifts.
- Explore and experiment with new ways to tell and share ASAM member stories. Take productive risks.
- 3+ years’ experience performing social media management
- Google Analytics Certification
- Expert user of social media management tools, such as Hootsuite or Sprout
- Must demonstrate knowledge and creation of digital advertising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other emerging platforms.
- Proficient in commonly used software, including Google Business Applications, Outlook, project management software (Basecamp, Teamwork, Asana), MS Word and MS Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to summarize complex data into actionable insights for reporting.
- Demonstrated experience effectively telling stories and encouraging story telling on social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, or communications preferred, or relevant experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced organization or agency preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Polished interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to influence without authority and to manage up, down, and across the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines with versatility while staying on time and budget.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to design and execute successful social media campaigns.
- Ability to take initiative in identifying and responding to issues/needs as they arise.
- Strong documentation and prioritization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail. Seriously, you need to pay attention to the details.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams as well as independently.
Essential Functions: % of Time
- Develop, manage and implement ASAM’s efforts on social media and social media advertising (60%)
- Engage with social media audiences, channel communications and community building (40%)
Benefits of Working at ASAM:
- ASAM’s work with physicians and clinicians helps millions of patients, families, and communities impacted by addiction.
- ASAM’s work helps address the vast national crisis of opioids and addiction.
- ASAM enjoys a strong organizational culture, living by values determined by staff of open collaboration, trust, courage, and connectedness.
- ASAM is proud to have earned the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility.
- ASAM offers competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) and benefits that include paid vacation and sick leave, transportation reimbursement, medical insurance, and 401k.
To Apply:Please submit a resume, cover letter outlining experience to reflect the required qualifications, and writing sample to hr@ASAM.org.
Recruiting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience (with a robust benefits package)
Job posted: 2021-06-09