Manager of Social Media & Marketing
MANAGER, SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING
The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) is the leading organization of scientists and health care professionals committed to preventing and curing liver disease. AASLD is seeking a Manager of Social Media & Marketing to oversee all social media related communications for AASLD and AASLD Foundation. AASLD headquarters is located in
Alexandria, VA. This position is currently remote due to COVID-19. Local candidates are preferred but individuals outside the Washington DC metro area will be considered for a remote opportunity. AASLD offers a competitive benefits package, including a 35-hour workweek, generous vacation/holiday leave, and retirement contribution.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Brand Development, the Manager of Social Media & Marketing produces social media strategies to support AASLD and AASLD Foundation marketing campaigns and plays a key role on the Marketing and Communications team by executing social media marketing plans and tactics tailored for key audiences and stakeholders. This position is responsible for the development and management of a regular social media editorial calendar and assists in identifying opportunities to promote AASLD membership and the execution of AASLD membership marketing campaigns through social media channels. In coordination with the Senior Manager of Brand Development, the Manager of Social Media & Marketing supports association-wide marketing efforts and brand elevation strategies.
▪ Advise on social media related tactics in MarCom campaigns and strategy development.
▪ Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to develop AASLD product and event content and ensure that it is disseminated appropriately across social media platforms.
▪ Work closely with the Senior Manager of Brand Development to maintain brand voice and standards in all social media content.
▪ Conceptualize social media campaigns and develop strategies to support organizational initiatives, including brand elevation, audience growth and influencer/ambassador management, in coordination with the Senior Manager of Brand Development.
▪ Develop and execute paid media campaigns.
▪ Analyze social media performance metrics and regularly provide findings and recommendations to the Marketing and Communications team.
▪ Stay up to date on all existing and emerging social media platforms and advise on social media development opportunities.
▪ Work closely with select AASLD leadership to manage their AASLD-related accounts.
▪ Manage and participate in all social media activities during AASLD events, including but not limited to The Liver Meeting® and Digestive Disease Week® (some travel may be required).
SKILLS & ABILITIES
▪ Excellent communication skills
▪ Confidence with creating visual content
▪ Outstanding copy writing skills
▪ Excellent organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
▪ Top-notch customer service skills; must be comfortable engaging with followers
▪ Ability to work both independently as well as in a collaborative team
▪ Ability to learn and adhere to AASLD policies, practices, and procedures
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
▪ Bachelor’s degree in relevant area or equivalent work experience in a related field
▪ Minimum of two years of experience with social media marketing, communications, or public relations ▪ Experience with paid media
▪ Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or CANVA
▪ Experience running multiple accounts across platforms
▪ Experience developing and executing social media campaigns and analyzing performance data ▪ Proficient in managing Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube accounts, and knowledgeable about each platform’s features and capabilities
▪ Proficiency with Sprout Social
▪ Project management experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
▪ Experience working in a professional association, non-profit space, professional society, or medical education provider
▪ Proficiency in paid social media campaigns
▪ Experience producing video content and managing live streams
▪ Previous experience in creative writing
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you meet the requirements, please submit a resume plus two writing samples and two design samples to the following job link:
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at email@example.com or contact 202-232-1765.
ABOUT THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF LIVER DISEASES (AASLD) AASLD is the leading organization of scientists and health care professionals committed to preventing and curing liver disease. The organization fosters research that leads to improved treatment options for millions of liver disease patients and advances the science and practice of hepatology through educational conferences, training programs, professional publications, and partnerships with government agencies and sister societies.
AASLD recognizes that each employee’s experiences and perspectives are unique and add value to its ability to serve the membership and community. AASLD is committed to building a fully inclusive, collaborative, and respectful workplace that reflects all the communities it serves. The organization offers a competitive benefits package, including a 35-hour workweek, generous vacation/holiday leave, and retirement contribution.
AASLD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
ABOUT CESSNA & ASSOCIATES, LLC
Cessna & Associates, LLC is a boutique HR consultancy partnering with mission driven, non-profit organizations. Our goal is to identify the best potential candidates that the market has to offer. www.cessnasearch.com
The Power of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Fuels Success
Cessna & Associates embraces and celebrates the strength that diversity brings to our organization. Just as we are deliberate in our own pursuit of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, our efforts support our clients’ DEI success. We drive every search with an unyielding focus to create an even playing field for all candidates and assess their ability to be “culture adds,” not merely “fits” for our clients. Our team builds and nurtures this rich tapestry of diversity for ourselves and for our clients.
Job posted: 2021-09-05