Manager of Social Media
The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is one of the most exciting associations that facilitates some of the largest international conferences. The Association is seeking a Manager of Social Media to be located in Washington, DC with telecommute options.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Content and Social Media, the Manager of Social Media manages the day-to-day planning and implementation of NBAA’s social media communications to build brand awareness and engagement for the association. This position identifies and creates social media campaigns for targeted audiences, playing a leading role in bringing this dynamic industry to life.
▪ Support the ongoing production and publication of social media, including written, graphics, and video content, for NBAA, No Plane No Gain, EBACE, and other efforts.
▪ Oversee the day-to-day management of all social media communications.
▪ Implement social media optimization strategies and best practices to increase traffic and engagement for all platforms.
▪ Evaluate the success of social media campaigns and monitor activity using data analytics tools and share insights to help generate data-driven improvements.
▪ Promote brand standards and adhere to an editorial style across all social media channels. ▪ Research emerging social media platforms, trends, and opportunities, on an ongoing basis. ▪ Participate in weekly editorial planning meetings, as well as other relevant recurring meetings, as assigned. ▪ Participate in NBAA event newsroom efforts, as needed.
▪ Follow and administer all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies. ▪ Travel as needed for domestic NBAA events.
▪ Provide editorial services for other communications projects and perform other duties as assigned. ▪ Submit expense reports, payment request forms, and other administrative forms, as needed.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
▪ Solid oral and written communication skills
▪ Ability to work well on a team and independently under minimal supervision
▪ Strong attention to detail
▪ Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
▪ Ability to travel up to 5% per year
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
▪ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications, marketing, or related area ▪ Minimum of three years of social media experience
▪ Experience in project management and working directly with different departments
▪ Knowledge of social media platforms, standards, and best practices
▪ Experience with Sprout Social or other data analytics tools for social media
▪ Experience identifying and creating social media campaigns for target audiences
▪ Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G Suite applications
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
▪ Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
▪ Experience with video editing applications
▪ Experience with association media and digital publishing
▪ Knowledge of AP Stylebook
▪ Knowledge of aviation industry issues and topics, especially business aviation
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you meet the requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, work samples of social media or other applicable content, and salary requirement to the following job link:
https://career4.successfactors.com/career?career%5fns=job%5flisting&company=nbaa&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&r cm%5fsite%5flocale=en%5fUS&career_job_req_id=895&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlert Controller_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=Z%2b1bnjkZNoiarMT3cqGQX%2bTLFjh8NIFiPGuTB4QrPOg%3d
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 202-232-1765.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL BUSINESS AVIATION ASSOCIATION (NBAA)
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive, and successful. The association represents more than 11,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, the world’s largest civil aviation trade show.
NBAA is a nonprofit trade association serving a dynamic and growing industry. From our downtown Washington, DC, office, staff members deliver top-notch customer service to our members across the world. NBAA offers generous benefits and a collegial work environment in the heart of the nation’s capital.
ABOUT CESSNA & ASSOCIATES, LLC
Cessna & Associates, LLC is a boutique HR consultancy partnering with mission driven, non-profit organizations. Our goal is to identify the best potential candidates that the market has to offer. www.cessnasearch.com
The Power of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Fuels Success
Cessna & Associates embraces and celebrates the strength that diversity brings to our organization. Just as we are deliberate in our own pursuit of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, our efforts support our clients’ DEI success. We drive every search with an unyielding focus to create an even playing field for all candidates and assess their ability to be “culture adds,” not merely “fits” for our clients. Our team builds and nurtures this rich tapestry of diversity for ourselves and for our clients.
Job posted: 2021-05-12