Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Social Responsibility
Director, Social Responsibility
The Manager, Social Responsibility will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day implementation of MLS WORKS initiatives and programs that target key social issues, raise visibility of the League, its clubs, and players, and help drive value to the enterprise. The ideal candidate should have strong executional skills, possess creative thinking to add value in program concepting, have experience with digital, experiential and cause related programs, ability to provide innovative solutions and work collaboratively across various departments within an organization.
- Support the development and execution of MLS WORKS strategic initiatives, nationally and locally throughout the United States and Canada
- Manage fulfillment of MLS WORKS charitable partnerships including but not limited to: program development, execution, marketing, promotions and budget management; ensure program deliverables are met and partnership objectives remain aligned
- Work closely with community relations staff at all 29 MLS clubs, serving as a resource to support the implementation of MLS WORKS strategic plans and strengthen CSR efforts throughout local markets; manage day-to-day communications around best practices, Social Responsibility committee calls, Year End Awards, annual meetings, etc.
- Work closely with Director, Social Responsibility to schedule and manage service projects, campaigns and outreach efforts around MLS Big Events (e.g. MLS is Back, MLS All-Star and MLS Cup), including budget management and reconciliation
- Manage MLS WORKS digital platforms, with support from MLS Digital and Social teams, including content development and promotional schedules; will have oversight of day-to-day execution of both social and digital channels
- Support other MLS WORKS projects, as requested
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience; marketing or public relations/communications experience a plus
- Understanding of sports and entertainment sponsorships, including promotions, events, media, contracts, and client services
- Understanding of brand awareness & positioning, fan engagement, and partnership marketing
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- General understanding of non-profits & foundations
- Proactive and results driven
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Knowledge of social media platforms and basic website navigation
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, cross-functional team environment
- Ability to take initiative and own projects from conception through execution
- High level of commitment to quality work product & organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Passion for purpose-driven work, social responsibility and community impact
- Experience working in Sports
- Knowledge of the sport and entertainment industry – soccer specific knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of the Spanish and/or French Language (business proficiency)
Starting Base Salary: $75,000 – 85,000. MLS/SUM base salaries are contingent upon several factors including individual qualifications, market financials, and operational business needs.
We are committed to providing a Total Rewards package that attracts, supports, engages, and retains talent through the following:
- Benefits – comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a suite of programs to promote well-being including a $500 Wellness Reimbursement. A generous PTO offering, and hybrid Office/Remote Work Schedule are also offered to promote Work-Life balance.
- Career & Professional Development – on the job training, feedback, and on-going educational opportunities to continue your personal and professional development.
- Employee Engagement – office perks, discounts and employee events that go “beyond the traditional paycheck” to make you feel a part of our team and inspire you to elevate the Game.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-02