Manager, State & Local Corporate Affairs
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE’s Legal division applies legal knowledge to complex business transactions. Our mission is to contribute to HPE’s success by providing proactive, practical and timely legal advice and contractual support to make sure our clients are satisfied and achieve profitable growth. An integral part of HPE, we specialize in areas such as Intellectual Property, Mergers and Acquisitions, Ethics, Antitrust, Commercial Law, and Litigation and we are passionate about developing our knowledge in line with business growth and our client’s needs.
- Utilization of expertise in government affairs, advocacy, and public relations to help HPE’s U.S. Public Sector business and public sector sales teams, meet their strategic business objectives
- Develop strategic political plans that help to promote and position HPE products and solutions portfolio to key elected officials and government agencies
- Develop legislative and regulatory strategies to advocate for favorable public policy outcomes
- Develop strong relationships with key public officials and other decision makers in HPE priority states
- Engagement and support for HPE’s overall political plans and strategy, including involvement in PAC planning activities, solicitations, and presentations and coordination of political fundraisers and internal political and policy activities
- Represent HPE before key public officials and other decision makers including, the executive branch and state legislature on legislative, regulatory and policy matters
- Monitor, lobby and report on the legislation and regulation with potential impact on HPE
- Develop relationships with associations such as NGA, RGA, DGA, RLCC, DLCC and other groups as needed
- Establish relationships with key industry groups, TechNet and ITI/ITAPS
- Work with representatives in other companies to achieve HPE’s objectives
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and 5+ years total business experience, OR Master’s degree (or professional degree), with 5+ years of business experience.
- 5 years government affairs experience
- Strong knowledge of the IT industry, with particular emphasis on the IT enterprise space
- Knowledge of policy issues
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and advocacy skills
- Ability to develop relationships and effectively represent HPE before public officials and other influential individuals and organizations
- Experience in program management
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Proficiency in desktop productivity tools including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, with strong emphasis on PowerPoint skills
- Based in Washington, D.C.
- Willingness to travel, approximately 20%
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
Tweets by HPE_Careers
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-23