Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, State & Local Government Affairs
The Global Legal team is responsible for administering Hilton’s legal activities to ensure maximum protection while engaging in global business and ensuring compliance with the company’s legal obligations.
What will I be doing?
Actively establishing relationships with state and local government entities and stakeholders, as well as identifying key legislative and regulatory risks and opportunities, in order to drive at the aforementioned levels of government Hilton’s strategy of protecting and advancing the company’s interests. You will also be responsible for implementing initiatives related to U.S. state and local government affairs.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead day-to-day external partner relationships and coordinate with Hilton’s Public Affairs Team on priorities.
- Monitor key public policy opportunities and risks for the enterprise, alerting internal stakeholders about them and assisting the Director, State & Local Government Affairs with corresponding actions.
- Liaise with Public Affairs Team, Legal Affairs & ESG Department to collaborate on ways to improve the legislative environment and help enhance Hilton’s reputation in state capitals and city halls.
- Prepare research and information on legislative and regulatory issues.
- Analyze and interpret legislation and rule-makings that would have an impact on Hilton.
- Represent Hilton at trade association, government, consultant, and coalition meetings.
- Track development of state and local legislation and regulations of interest to Hilton.
- Work closely with local and state governments of jurisdictions where Hilton has major corporate offices in the United States.
- Hold knowledge of political processes at the U.S. state and local levels.
- Establish relationships with internal and external partners.
- Exude a reputation for ethical conduct and commitment to ethical behavior.
- Possess self-starter traits; proactive, able to prioritize and develop new/creative ideas.
- Maintain an understanding of state and local regulatory requirements regarding lobbying, fundraising, and political contributions.
- Exhibit ability to study and master complicated issues, as well as anticipate emerging issues.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Two (2) years of experience working for a company, lobbying firm, or trade association or as a legislative staffer or official in state or local government
- Three (3) years of professional experience
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job posted: 2023-01-10