Manager, State and Local Government Relations
The Manager Government Relations will represent and advance The Home Depot’s government relations agenda before elected officials and government decision-makers primarily at the state and local levels. Prepares an annual action plan identifying key government relations objectives and priorities at the state and local levels that will create shareholder value.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage, develop and implement government relations strategies and legislative agenda at the state and local level.
- Primarily responsible for a select region of the U.S. and within that region will serve as the company’s primary point of contact for Governors, Lt. Governors, Attorney Generals, state legislative leaders, mayors, county boards and other state and local officials.
- Responsible for developing strategy, recommending and leveraging political contributions, organizing store walks and community events with state and local officials.
- Responsible for following all election laws.
- Manage state and local legislative and regulatory agenda including tracking legislation at the state and local level.
- Responsible for working with internal business partners to develop positions and communicating views to state and local officials.
- Work with outside consultants, retail associations, and partnerships with national public policy and legislative groups.
- Write updates for weekly newsletters, position papers, grassroots alerts, and issue summaries for internal and external audiences.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Senior Director Government Relations.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-12