Manager of State Outreach
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Manager of State Outreach. The Manager of State Outreach is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with state credit union leagues and external partners, support state political activities and assessments, and work with existing progressive coalitions and support their strategies. A successful candidate will have an understanding of the legislative process, a background in political campaigns and/or academic research, and have existing democratic relationships & ties.
- Support and maintain ongoing relationships and contact with state leagues, credit unions and external partners on upcoming and target issues.
- Conduct political and legislative trainings and workshops for state league affiliates and coalition partners. Work with the Political and Legislative Directors to develop and help execute state legislative initiatives.
- Draft, compile, and update issue areas with related research. Monitor resource areas for accuracy.
- Represent CUNA and credit union interests at national conferences and meetings including but not limited to, conferences of state lawmakers, association professionals, and credit union professionals.
- Work in partnership with existing progressive coalitions and support their strategies when aligned with CUNA priorities. Travel may be necessary in implementation of political action programs.
- Support Director of State Outreach at State Conferences: NCSL, ALEC, CSG and other National state associations.
- Develop, plan, and organize exhibit booths at national conferences representing state legislators. Procures proposals and contracts from exposition service companies. Exhibiting at these national meetings increases the awareness of state issues and credit unions.
- Assist overall management of state governmental affairs function, including but not limited to budget planning and oversight, procuring proposals and contracts from vendors, making recommendations, and ensuring the operational functionality of legislative tool Assist the Chief Advocacy Officer with duties, as assigned.
- Liaison to CUNA committees and subcommittees, as assigned.
- 3-5 years of legal or legislative research, particularly in state law or government and financial services is required.
- BA/BS in Political Science, Banking, Finance, Communications, Public Relations or similar fields preferred. Paralegal education and experience is preferred
- The position requires a basic understanding of the legislative process in the legislatures of the various states. The person in this position must not only comprehend the legislative process and the policy, but also be able to understand and convey the impact on credit unions.
- Ability to make well-reasoned judgments, foresee possible outcomes and communicate, through written and oral communications, complicated issues to members, legislators and others in an informative and easily understood manner.
- This position requires basic competence in event planning, marketing, logistics, purchasing and budgeting skills. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential to this position as well.
- It is essential that the individual holding this position be a team player, handle a number of issues concurrently, and work well within a dynamic department. This position also collaborates closely with members of other departments at CUNA.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-12