Manager, Storytelling and Engagement Communications
Do you boldly color outside of lines, or feel constrained by boxes? Great! We welcome outside-the-box thinkers — in fact, we favor those who enjoying creating new boxes with altogether new ideas and possibilities!
WHO WE ARE
Since 1981, Families USA Foundation has been a leading national voice for health care consumers. Through our long-standing relationships of consumer leaders, advocates, and partner organizations across all 50 states and the District of Columbia, we have remained steadfast in our mission – Dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable healthcare and improved health for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient-and community-centered health system.
Families USA is searching for a talented, creative communications professional who understands the power of storytelling and engagement to put health care issues front and center, spark movements, win hearts and change minds. This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a renown storytelling program that is central to FUSA’s communications work. The Manager of Storytelling and Engagement Communications is an essential member of the organization’s sophisticated communications team and helps advance policy solutions by amplifying the lived experiences of America’s health care consumers, supports a robust media relations function, and helps translate consumers’ stories for social and digital media content.
In this role, you will build and maintain storytelling partnerships with mission-focused organizations; search for health care consumers to interview; interview consumers to determine how FUSA should best catalog their experience for FUSA’s publications and content; manage the storytelling database ensuring the database is current and reflects the breadth of FUSA’s various story types; curate stories and find creative ways to showcase those stories for our programs and products, and opportunities to share stories with Families USA’s stakeholders, which include media, partner organizations, and members of Congress.
You will assist the Senior Manager of Communications, Senior Director of Communications, and other FUSA staff in promptly filling requests for consumer stories, or requests to speak to consumers about their health care experiences.
The success of your work will be assessed according to annual metrics and milestones, and an annual evaluation.
Main job responsibilities:
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Communications contribute to the development of an integrated storytelling strategy, thinking strategically about communications: public relations, web site, collateral, advertising, and social media.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Partnerships department and project teams to maximize opportunities to help develop and maintain relationships with health care consumers and storytelling partners to grow Families USA’s story bank.
- Create and lead engagement activities with consumer storytellers and storytelling partners to build, nurture, and maintain relationships.
- Prepare storytellers for media interviews, digital and in-person events, Hill activities, videos, op-eds, blog posts, etc.
- Seek and develop content opportunities that showcase health care consumers’ lived experiences.
- Write narratives of various lengths for use in FUSA publications, social and digital media content, engagement communications, and media outreach.
- Maintain the FUSA story bank database to ensure stories are current and accessible.
- Manage and execute internal and external requests for storytellers by making recommendations as needed and ensuring timely responses to organizational requests and needs.
- Draft content featuring storytellers that may include but is not limited to: blogs, talking points, social media content, etc.
Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing/advertising, digital communications, creative writing, English, or related field is required. 5-7 years of communications experience is required. Previous storytelling and/or engagement experience. Bi-lingual capability is a major bonus (English-Spanish). Is an experienced communicator who is passionate about storytelling as a form of advocacy and policy lever; will honor the privilege of storytelling with excellence and ethical integrity and adhere to storytelling best practices; has a solid understanding of how storytelling falls within and interacts with the larger integrated communications; can be a smart tactician and a smart strategist and understand the difference; will “own” the storytelling function fearlessly, uphold it as a critical component of Families USA’s broad and far-reaching work.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We offer an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability and life, 403(b), 3+ weeks’ vacation, nine (9) Federal holidays and our offices are closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, onsite fitness center, and many more exciting benefit programs.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage qualified candidates to apply online at Families USA’s careers website and include in your application: your cover letter, resume and desired salary. Cover letter and resume will also be used as writing samples. Direct hire only – no recruiters. EEO.
Job posted: 2021-02-08