Manager, Strategic Communications (Corporate Social Responsibility/CSR)
The Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility is responsible for supporting BCBS community engagement visibility activities as well as furthering the development of Plan functions to align with business goals. Specifically, the manager develops and implements the BCBS corporate social responsibility (CSR) report and associated support materials and internal strategic planning report. As a key player in the Strategic Communications group, this role also manages and executes the promotion of the report and Plan community engagement activities, collaborating closely with influencer relations, media relations and social media teams to achieve visibility goals. The Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility is also responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Community Investments and Partnerships Workgroup and serves as the primary point of contact for Plan and Association stakeholders on CSR-related topics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide compelling information resources to Plan and Association stakeholders by sourcing BCBS community engagement content and developing the annual BCBS corporate social responsibility report and associated collateral.
- Enhance Plan CSR functions by developing the annual internal strategic planning report (State of the Blue System CSR report).
- Facilitate best practice sharing among Plans by managing day-to-day activities of the Community Investments and Partnerships workgroup.
- Demonstrate BCBS leadership in community engagement to key internal and external stakeholders by collaborating with internal and external communications channels to promote the BCBS corporate social responsibility report and Plan community engagement activities.
- Ensure coordinated BCBS response to large-scale, natural disasters/national crises by coordinated with Plan and Association senior leadership and facilitating internal and Plan communications efforts.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- 4 year college degree
- 5 years of experience
- Journalism, public relations and English
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate communications and/or marketing
- Experience working with CSR, non-profits, or community-based programs
- Background in healthcare industry
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics
Job posted: 2019-04-27