Manager, Strategic Philanthropy, Enterprise Social Responsibility
The Walt Disney Company Enterprise Social Responsibility (ESR) department oversees the company’s community engagement and grantmakingimpact, delivering on the vision to “be an honorable company that brings families happiness, delivers comfort to those in need, and creates inspiration & opportunity for those who want to improve their world.”
Strategic Philanthropy is part of the ESR team. The Manager, Strategic Philanthropy position will focus on global nonprofit relationships, charitable due diligence, anddeveloping and executing philanthropic strategies, budgets with key partners and granting processes (including leading approaches to disaster relief) which support more than $400MM in cash and in-kind charitable giving across the enterprise, worldwide. The position reports to the Sr. Manager, Strategic Philanthropy.
- Candidate should demonstrate global granting experience, understand challenges and solutions to global charitable giving, and engaged and up to date with global social sector trends and corporate philanthropy. Disaster relief experience a plus.
- The role is responsible for the overall grantmaking process to ensure consistency and appropriate governance across all granting programs, working alongside the Senior Manager. Duties include supporting charitable activities, including citizenship Relationship Managers across the enterprise, vetting US and International nonprofits, working with grant stakeholders to set goals and deliverables for grants including impact measurements, overseeing grant execution and collaborating with Legal on agreements as needed, and playing a lead role in disaster response management.
- The role oversees a Program Manager (with potential for additional employees) focused on working closely with other Enterprise Social Responsibility (ESR) staff and at some times other Disney business segments to expedite grants.
- The role also oversees major nonprofit relationships including disaster relief agencies and leads the company process for evaluation when major disasters strike. He/she will occasionally interface with executives across the company and at US and international nonprofits and serve as a subject matter expert on global grantmaking.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in the global corporate philanthropy field, be business savvy, be a strong leader, have impeccable organizational skills and communicate in an articulate manner. Should exude enthusiasm, commitment, flexibility and positivity for the work.
- B.A. in Philanthropy, Public Relations, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Communications, Journalism, Public Affairs or Business Administration or similar.
- Ideally 5 years in field related to foundations and grantmaking.
- Previous leadership of a team.
- Understanding of charitable giving practices and processes in multiple countries.
- Graduate Degree in a related field (MPA, MBA, JD) or relevant work experience working in philanthropic or community / corporate citizenship / corporate social responsibilty programs
- Fortune 500 work experience.
- Corporate or institutional foundation grants manager or intermediary nonprofit organization officer.
- Charitable law and / or international studies.
- Engagement with industry trade associations around the world.
- Experience managing nonprofit relationships.
- Familiarity with Cybergrants.
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-02-24