Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Strategy and Programs – Next Generation
ABOUT THE PETERSON FOUNDATION:
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation is working to secure a healthy, growing economy by addressing America’s long-term fiscal challenges. The Foundation partners with leading policy experts, elected officials and the public to build support for solutions to put America on a sustainable fiscal path. As a non-partisan organization, the Foundation engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research to educate and involve Americans from a variety of perspectives. Learn more at pgpf.org.
The Programs Team develops and implements strategic programs and initiatives, collaborating across the organization and with external partners and grantee organizations to advance the Foundation’s mission in both traditional and emerging areas of engagement. The team manages grantmaking portfolios and identifies, funds and scales new ideas and approaches to achieve organizational goals.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Manager, Strategy and Programs –Next Generation will support the Associate Director and Vice President in the development and execution of current and new strategic initiatives and programs, including program implementation, grantee and partner management, and program strategy and design.
More specifically, the Manager will focus on managing and executing various current programs while also assisting in the development of new programs in the pipeline. These program initiatives are cross-functional and interdisciplinary, involving a blend of grants, partnerships, and internal efforts. Key responsibilities include:
Program Management and Execution
- Provide analytical, planning, and implementation support for various current programs, as well as to programs in the pipeline.
- Collaboratively manage internal stakeholders, program grantees, external partners, and vendors to develop and execute on program goals.
- Lead planning calls with stakeholders to set and track program deliverables.
- Develop executive presentations and materials.
- Support the day-to-day development and execution of campaigns and content for Student Debt Smarter Instagram, paid media, and partnership activations.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of communications, marketing, and messaging strategies for these programs, facilitating cross-functional reviews of content, as needed. • Identify and analyze potential grantees and proposals.
- Manage grantee evaluations, grant paperwork and internal processes.
Strategy, Research and Ideation
- Provide support and counsel to the Senior Manager regarding prospective and ongoing opportunities to evolve, grow, or stand up current programs.
- Contribute to strategic planning for programs, track internal brainstorming, and draft follow-up documents concerning recommendations, action plans, processes, and updates. • Research and synthesize trends, gaps and opportunities for engagement and intervention; assist in developing concepts and strategic recommendations.
- Draft executive memos and research reports to communicate findings and
recommendations, as needed.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The successful candidate will be a smart, strategic, creative thinker with exceptional analytical, management and problem-solving skills. They also must have outstanding project management and relationship building skills, an interest in fiscal and economic issues, and enjoy working collaboratively within and across teams internally and externally.
- 6+ years of experience in program or project management, professional services or related, preferably including experience in public affairs, consulting, or communications.
- Ability to forge productive working relationships with managers and colleagues at all levels. • Experienced researcher with strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail. • Ability to synthesize complex information and transform complicated issues into understandable messages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with clear, concise, and accurate writing, editing, and proofing skills.
- A problem solver with critical, creative, and strategic thinking and intellectual curiosity. • Flexibility, adaptability, patience, and comfort with ambiguity.
- An interest in fiscal policy and public affairs and how that impacts the next generation. EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required.
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION: We anticipate that the starting base salary range for this position will be $95,000 to $110,000, plus eligibility for an annual discretionary bonus. In addition, we offer a generous benefits package designed to support employee health and well-being, including comprehensive health insurance, a substantial 401k match, paid time off, a hybrid work schedule and other flexible work policies. This role requires an in-person presence in accordance with the organization’s hybrid schedule of working in the office three days per week (Monday/Tuesday/Thursday).
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply to the organization. They offer a welcoming community that respects each individual and fosters a diverse set of experiences, perspectives, skills and ideas. They are committed to building a workplace in which every team member can thrive personally and professionally and contribute to its mission.
Please click here to apply and submit cover letter and resume in confidence.
To nominate a candidate, please send an email to PGPF@sandlersearch.org and reference “Youth Engagement” in the subject line.
Job posted: 2023-01-14