Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Transportation Government Affairs
Boundary Stone Partners is seeking a highly motivated Manager to join our fast-growing team of clean transportation policy and lobbying experts. This position will be based out of our Washington, D.C office. The salary range for this position is $80k-90k/year, with bonus potential.
With offices in Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Boundary Stone Partners (BSP) is the premier, bipartisan firm with unique expertise in technology innovation, finance, government, legislative strategy, and policy. We help our clients see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political, legislative, and regulatory landscapes.
The BSP Transportation Team you would join has more than 30 years of transportation policy experience at USDOT, on key congressional committees and member offices, and in the private sector. We have drafted, negotiated and implemented legislation, developed campaign and communications strategies, and managed multi-billion dollar policy portfolios. Today, we support leading clean transportation innovators, helping them navigate Washington and the policymaking process, and shape the implementation of historic new programs under the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (IIJA) and the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA).
From its inception, Boundary Stone Partners has focused on working with companies, policymakers, and NGOs that are at the forefront of helping solve climate change and building a clean transportation network. Since the firm was founded in 2013, we have helped more than 80 clients in sectors including energy, transportation, commercial space, and financial services. You will be working closely with some of the most cutting edge companies that are building and deploying the future of transportation from the ground floor.
BSP is a strategic partner for public policy design, government affairs and lobbying, regulatory and political intelligence, and strategy. BSP leverages its team’s deep bipartisan experience to implement policy and lobbying campaigns that shape regulatory outcomes and build markets for clean transportation.
About The Role
The Manager will support BSP’s client engagement, strategy development, and government affairs execution with leading companies, non-profits, trade associations, and financial institutions. Core responsibilities include:
- Perform legislative and policy research, help design legislative strategy, and write compelling policy and business content to help execute a multi-pronged government affairs strategy
- Manage projects for larger clients without direct supervision
- Build relationships with key policymakers and other influential federal government-oriented stakeholders
- Monitor and report on legislative and executive branch activities and policy developments
- Help craft and execute legislative, regulatory and political strategies to achieve federal policy goals; represent clients in meetings with Congress and the Administration
- Help clients prepare for Congressional hearings, federal agency rulemaking and other federal legislative and regulatory proceedings
- Represent clients in national trade associations and industry coalitions
- Build third party political, advocacy, NGO, and industry allies to support strategic policy objectives
- Be part of the public policy team for a client, utilizing the firm’s expertise and working closely with client’s legal, policy, and business lines
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writer and communicator.
- 5-8 years of federal government, policy or corporate government relations experience in the energy, transportation, space, or national security fields.
- Deep understanding of Congressional lawmaking and federal grant and regulatory processes
- Deep understanding of IIJA and IRA programs and policies related to EV charging and electrification of transportation.
- Established Congressional and Executive branch relationships and you confidently interact with key Hill staff, elected officials, and executives alike.
- Strategic thinker that is politically savvy and capable of seeing the big picture
- Exceptional research skills and able to quickly provide concise summaries of information
- Thrive under pressure and can balance long and short-term priorities to deliver results
- Want to work with a team who values collegiality and a sense of humor
Compensation and Benefits
BSP offers highly competitive pay and benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible PTO, and paid family, medical and parental leave. BSP is committed to ensuring pay equity, based on experience, qualifications, and performance.
Boundary Stone Partners is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage leaders of color, women, those who identify as LGBTQ, and candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-05