Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Transportation Policy
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. We are looking to hire a Manager, Public Policy to join a growing and dynamic team that works in support of Amazon’s middle-mile transportation business priorities. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers. The Manager, Public Policy will join a growing, dynamic team and will immediately make an impact with an expanding portfolio of projects.
The Manager, Public Policy, will help develop and execute public policy and regulatory advocacy objectives and priorities for Amazon’s middle-mile transportation business, focusing on commercial vehicle issues. In helping to set the public policy and advocacy agenda for Amazon’s businesses, the Manager will work collaboratively and transparently with others in public policy, legal, and business units to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. They will lead and coordinate advocacy efforts, outreach programs, partnerships, and key initiatives with business objectives. They will be responsible for effectively educating key agency officials and their staffs on related policy issues, and will coordinate Amazon’s engagement with industry associations and wider coalitions.
• BS/BA required.
• A t least 8 years of experience in public policy or government working on relevant commercial vehicle and transportation topics.
• An ability and desire to travel.
• Experience working in government or representing a large, complex company or association.
• Demonstrated ability to be both a substantive issue expert and a manager of complex political relationships.
• Experience working with public policy stakeholders and experience managing multiple policy issues.
• Demonstrated ability to understand how technical language in legislative and regulatory proposals could affect corporate operations, identify business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal customers.
• Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
• Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate and political levels.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-19