Manager, Transportation Policy
We are looking for a Manager, Transportation Public Policy, to enhance Amazon’s advocacy before state and local policymakers, regulators, and industry organizations on a broad range of transportation operations.
This position will report to the Director, Transportation Public Policy, and is based in Washington, DC.
The Manager will support the development and execution of Amazon’s public policy and advocacy efforts at the state and municipal levels, including those related to new and emerging transportation technologies and expanding customer delivery capabilities. The Manager will also support and coordinate Amazon’s engagement in relevant transportation trade associations, coalitions, and stakeholder groups.
The Manager will work in close coordination with other state and local, economic development, and federal public policy team members. The position will also work collaboratively with business units, legal, and PR to ensure alignment on the advocacy agenda and priorities for Amazon’s engagement in this area.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· At least 5+ years of relevant policy experience with transportation issues, including but not limited to surface transportation and last mile delivery public policy issues.
· Experience working with state and local governments.
· Experience managing multiple policy issues, states, and consultants.
· Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
· High personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity. People in your industry regard you with the strongest professional reputation.
· A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-30