Manager, U.S. External Communications
Manager, U.S. External Communications
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Manager, U.S. External Communications in our Cambridge MA office!
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The U.S. External Communications team is responsible for helping to enhance and protect Takeda’s reputation in the U.S. market at the corporate level. The team increases awareness of the company’s brand in the United States and ensures Takeda’s message is communicated consistently externally. Additionally the Manager, U.S. External Communications will support the team with the development of corporate-level materials and external corporate content, identifying executive external opportunities, and management of day-to-day communications activities.
- Assist the U.S. External Communications team with the development and execution of communications and media strategies.
- Support the Head of U.S. External Communications with strategic thought leadership, messaging development and updates, and media relations.
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of various communications, such as press releases, media advisories and fact sheets, including at times executive talking points and presentations.
- Closely monitor, track and report activities, projects and work streams.
- Oversee media monitoring, subscriptions and press release distribution platforms.
- Manage external agencies and vendors to ensure excellence in delivery.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications/Public Relations/Public Health or a related field, with a minimum of 4 years of experience. Excellent writing, copyediting and proofreading experience.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or healthcare industry communications environment, with a thorough grounding in the complexities and issues related to operating in the global pharmaceutical industry.
- Proficiency in AP-Style grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- An exceptionally strong eye for detail, with solid strategic, analytical and planning skills, as well as a creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong project management experience in corporate communications, including oversight of a number of programs/projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to influence and persuade at the senior levels internally.
- Ability to deliver in high pressure situations and with short deadlines.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
This job posting excludes CO applicants
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-06