Manager, US Internal Communications
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
We are looking for a Manager, to join our US System Communications team, responsible for developing break-through communications strategies and creative content that will bring our goals to life and, ultimately, drive our business forward.
In this role, you will:
- Bring our business plan to life daily. Provide start-to-finish communications support to bring our business plan to life as you lead development of essential communications plans (including creation of narratives and frameworks, etc) for key business and brand initiatives like Values, Convenience of the Future and more, develop supporting content, and execute solutions.
- Support major system moments. Craft strategic approaches, develop creative content and manage agency and outside partners to drive system awareness and elevate visibility of business and brand initiatives at key moments (i.e. system webcasts, plan launches/Field Office Summits, conventions, etc.)
- Take an editorial approach. Effectively coordinate, create and distribute the right communications, at the right time, via the right channels and formats to help drive system performance.
- Manage multiple partners. Build relationships and serve as a trusted communications advisor to initiative leads and subject matter specialists.
- Successfully navigate our complex system, building relationships within our team and beyond, enhancing our ability to stay connected and influence communications-related decisions.
- BA/BS degree required
The ideal candidate for this role is a:
- Problem-solver and Strategic-thinker.
- Dot-connector. Be ingrained in our business plan and help initiative teams see how to bring it to life. Be passionate about insights and able to understand what they tell us about our business and how to apply them to further our efforts. .
- Passionate about process. Well-versed in development of internal communications processes and protocols, including but not limited to coordinating and consolidating information flows across a complex organization.
- A self-starter and strong individual contributor. Someone who is ambitious and is able to push projects forward on their own, start-to-finish.
- Great teammate. Able to coordinate cross-team/cross-functionally to break down siloes and develop solutions.
- Experienced multi-tasker. Ability to manage several projects within a finite timeline. Flexible. Nimble. Experience rapidly shifting gears to accommodate changes and incorporate new information with minimal disruption.
- Relationship-obsessed. Understands the importance of developing relationships with key partners, including experience working with all levels of management and staff.
- An influencer and orchestrator. Able to manage multiple partners and advise clients on communications processes and how to best communicate within a system based on available data and findings. Possessing an ability to lead and influence outcomes through communications.
- Detail-oriented. Excellent writing skills. Strong presentation, facilitation and organization/project management skills. Practiced in communicating across media (including developing video concepts and working with creative/design teams) to produce and distribute content.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Job posted: 2021-07-18