Manager, Web and Digital Media
The position develops and oversees digital and social content and engagement initiatives and contributes to the American Chemistry Council’s (ACC) overall communications strategies that align with the organization’s policy objectives. The position is responsible for providing strategic and tactical support in maintaining and enhancing ACC’s digital initiatives, as well as driving the development and execution of a web content strategy in support of the organization’s advocacy goals and objectives. The position is also responsible for coordinating, editing and publishing fresh content for ACC’s network of web sites as well as ensuring a timely refresh of the content for AmericanChemistry.com and the MemberExchange extranet. The position will have responsibilities in digital communications strategy, digital communications content, digital communications reporting and departmental and organizational administration, work closely with the Web Project Manager and report directly to the Senior Director, Marketing & Digital Communications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and enforce editorial strategy to help achieve SEO/SEM goals.
• Drive new approach around types of content to help the organization stand out among its competitors.
• Help support real-time social engagement around key events, news and public affairs initiatives.
• Create storytelling content including video, long and short form written content, info graphics and data visualizations, etc. working closely with other team members and subject matter experts.
• Work closely with site content owners and subject matter experts to keep web sites current, relevant, dynamic and user-friendly. Developing original content when necessary.
• Assist with search engine marketing campaign efforts and is responsible for optimizing site content to increase search-ability and visibility on search engines.
• Assesses, prepare and disseminate web analytic reports to site owners and provide top-line reporting to Sr. Director, Marketing & Digital Communications on site performance.
• Serve as point of contact for daily site content updates and maintenance requests for multiple content management systems, specifically Ektron and WordPress.
• Ensure message consistency and continually proof applicable web sites for brand consistency and writing accuracy.
• Acquire a working knowledge of ACC, as well as issues and activities within the Communications department.
• Consult with staff and leadership for purposes of presenting a high quality online representation of ACC issues, policy positions, and the organization’s strategic goals.
• Participates in strategic planning for all ACC web sites.
• Tracks, warehouses, and catalogs all web site content assets and content refresh schedule.
• Works with Legal department for purposes of ensuring site content is trademarked and claims have proper documentation.
• Assists in technical web site design, user experience development, content creation, and image editing, as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, multi-media, journalism or related field.
• Five years experience in public policy, issue advocacy, media relations or relevant field.
• Demonstrated experience in web site and web-based application design, development, and support.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, including strong online writing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively, strategically, and analytically with the ability to lead the development of projects that are distinctive and capture the attention of key stakeholders
• Strong editing skills.
• Ability to process technical and abstract verbal and written information for purposes of establishing beneficial messaging.
• Ability to work independently with multiple constituencies in a complex organizational environment.
• Knowledge of current development tools (e.g., HTML, CSS, XML, WordPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, etc.)
• Experience with SharePoint, Content Management Systems, Adobe Acrobat, streaming media, and other online media applications.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-30