Managing Associate – Public Affairs
CLS Strategies is a Washington, D.C.-based strategic communications firm with a 25+ year track record of helping clients manage complex, high-stakes environments. We specialize in public affairs as well as crisis and litigation communications.
Notably, CLS offers a hybrid working environment. Starting in early October, we plan to re-open our Washington, DC-based office for in-person collaboration while allowing staff the flexibility to work remotely when needed or preferred.
We are looking to hire an energetic, hardworking and organized individual for the Managing Associate position to support the firm’s public affairs clients. Ideal candidates are driven self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within teams. Candidates must possess strong writing and research skills, have experience in media relations, and the ability to formulate creative communications strategies and messages. Ideal applicants have five to eight years of professional experience working on Capitol Hill or political campaigns, at a PR agency or association, or in journalism.
Responsibilities for this mid-level position include:
- Contributing to strategic planning for multiple account teams and interacting with clients
- Assisting in the day-to-day execution of client work for multiple account teams
- Managing specific projects and work streams for multiple account teams
- Writing, including op-eds, talking points, memos, social media content and other communications materials
- Pitching stories, establish/cultivate media relationships, organize press events and other media relations activities
- Supporting firm leadership in business development, including writing proposals and participating in pitches
- If you thrive on the challenge of finding solutions to complex challenges and want to join our team, please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “MA – Public Affairs” in the subject line.
CLS offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance plus a 401(k) retirement savings plan. For more information about the company, visit www.clsstrategies.com.
CLS Strategies. We don’t just raise the issue. We raise the game.
Job posted: 2021-09-19