Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Managing Director of Government Affairs, Europe
Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
JR25486 Managing Director of Government Affairs, Europe
This position will focus on: 1) tracking, research, and analysis of policy, legislative and regulatory issues affecting the Company’s business interests in Europe; 2) development and execution of strategies in support of the Company’s business priorities and public policy agenda in Europe; and 3) establishment and maintenance of relationships and dialogues with government officials, industry stakeholders, trade associations, among others, in Europe. The Company is committed to playing an active and constructive role in the ongoing development of public policies that meet the needs of the Company, the high technology community, and society at large. The Company’s government relations and policy programs seek to support the semiconductor industry’s continued strong economic growth by helping to create a dialogue with government authorities that promotes sound public policies and addresses emerging regulatory, policy and legislative issues. This position is under the Public Affairs team reporting to the Director Global Stakeholder Engagement in Washington DC. The person will also work closely with the rest of the divisions and functions across the company.
- Provide tracking, research, and analysis of policy, legislative and regulatory issues affecting the Company’s business interests in Europe, and identify opportunities/challenges and impact on the Company’s business;
- Develop and execute plans, policies and strategies in support of the Company’s business priorities and public policy agenda in Europe.
- Identify, establish and maintain key government relationships that are critical to the growth of the Company’s business in Europe;
- Develop messages and positions for the Company on policy and regulatory issues;
- Support the Company’s public policy objectives; identify policy issues and trends that are likely to impact the Company and industry; work with government officials, policy-makers, trade associations and other industry stakeholders to identify and positively shape positions on these issues;
- Work in a team-oriented environment to promote understanding of the Company’s innovative approach to business and of its business model, the specific challenges and opportunities faced, and possible policy-oriented actions by governments;
- Work in close collaboration with business and functional teams on Company targets;
- Represent the Company externally before European government officials, intergovernmental institutions, industry associations and other professional organizations;
- Monitor, engage and promote the Company’s interests relating to spectrum and technology policy; this will include issues relating to technology, sustainability, regulatory issues, semiconductor incentives and policy, supply chain, trade, 5G, automotive, IoT, intellectual property rights, trade, cybersecurity and privacy, data governance, sustainability, among others;
- Write briefings, prepare and deliver presentations to regulators, government officials and industry associations;
- Provide clear and concise advice on regulatory developments and policy issues related to the Company’s business interests in Europe;
- Work with internal clients in support of the Company’s different business divisions and to assess opportunities/challenges relating to legal, regulatory and policy issues;
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Europe’s business leads
- Very strong research, analysis, writing and presentation skills.
- Experience with public policy issues ideally those related to the semiconductor and tech sectors.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience in a government affairs program, ideally in a high-tech Company and/or a government agency addressing regulatory issues and public policy; experience on trade, intellectual property rights (IPR), cybersecurity/privacy and social responsibilities issues a plus;
- Experience working with government agencies and a good understanding of how policy-making processes work in different organizations (regulatory agency, EC or EP, congress) and levels (local, state, national);
- Knowledge of the semiconductor ecosystem in Europe;
- Proven ability to prepare reports involving regulatory, policy, and legal issues;
- Ability to work and function effectively in a team environment where roles and responsibilities may not be clearly defined;
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Leadership skills and ability to establish and maintain a high degree of personal credibility and respect;
- International travel required;
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent research and computer skills;
- Spoken and written fluency in English is essential. German/Italian preferable.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject such as engineering, business, political science, international affairs.
- Preferred: MBA or Masters Degree in Public Policy, International Affairs, Law.
- Frequently travel between offices, regions, and countries.
- Monitors and utilizes computers.
- Self motivation
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Bachelors – Business, Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Government Affairs, Bachelors – legal-related field (e.g., Law, Legal Studies, etc.), Bachelors – Political Science, Bachelors – Public Affairs, or Bachelors – Public Policy
5+ years Government Affairs, Communications, Industry Associations, or related work experience.
4+ years in a leadership role with or without direct reports ,3+ years working with operating budgets, resources, and/or project financials. ,3+ years experience working in or with a large multinational organization. ,Business fluent in English. ,7+ years Government Affairs, Communications, Industry Associations, or related work experience. Conversational language skills in German and Italian highly desirable.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact HRsupport_EMEA@micron.com.
Before uploading your CV to apply for this position, please review our Employment Privacy Notice. Micron recruiters use review tools to identify your unique skill set based on the information in your CV, to inform the recruiter of skills you may have that are not listed on your CV (based on your career history and work experience), to supplement the information provided in your CV with information obtained from publicly accessible professional-oriented sources (such as your publicly available LinkedIn profile) and to assess how closely your skill set matches the defined skill set for this position. While submitting your CV through this platform is not obligatory, we encourage you to do so.
If you do not want to benefit from the skill and qualification matching features, then you should not upload your CV through this platform. Instead, email your CV to EMEA_TA@micron.com along with the Req Id number listed in the job description. Your CV will be forwarded to the appropriate recruiter for review.
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-25