Managing Director, Grassroots
PLUS Communications is a full-service communications firm based in Arlington, Virginia. PLUS Communications leads award-winning campaigns integrating public affairs, corporate communications, digital, advertising and media buying. PLUS means more!
This Managing Director (MD) position is a senior-level strategic role at PLUS Communications responsible for leading our grassroots and third-party engagement efforts, a core component of our public affairs and communications campaigns. This MD will lead the ongoing development and marketing – both internally and externally – of our robust nationwide field operation. In addition, this role will lead third-party outreach and engagement strategies to ensure stakeholder/third-party voices are integrated into our campaigns. This MD will also serve as the client leader and resource for client teams for a variety of public affairs campaigns.
As of July 2021, our office has reopened and resumed an in-person work environment.
Grassroots & Third-Party Lead:
- Proactively develop strategies to increase visibility, profitability and quality of our field operations and coalition building service offerings.
- Participate in client-facing business development and ongoing engagement to promote utilization of the firm’s grassroots and coalition model.
- Create a strategic plan identifying opportunities and mechanisms to promote PLUS Communications as an industry leader among full-service public affairs firms in mobilizing grasstops/grassroots constituents and third-party groups as integral components of successful issue advocacy campaigns.
- Maintain a pulse on the grassroots landscape and latest trends in the industry; attend conferences and speaking engagements with vendors and other agencies, as appropriate.
- Serve as the internal organizational lead for development of our field programs, creating internal processes to systemize efficient selection, deliverable-setting and firm-wide accounting of retained field teams.
- Strengthen, as needed, our bi-partisan field operative network by identifying and vetting potential teams.
- Develop a robust third-party engagement and coalition building strategy to assist the field and overall public affairs business.
- Build and maintain relationships with non-governmental organizations, issue experts, think tanks and advocacy organizations.
Client Development & Client Management:
- Serve as a client lead managing day-to-day oversight on public affairs campaigns from strategic planning to campaign execution to finance management.
- Lead creative planning, message development and strategic counsel for top clients.
- Engage account leaders to enhance current client offerings; promote the integration of new products or services to existing clients.
- Set a standard of excellence and consistent quality work across accounts.
- Drive growth for major clients and coordinate outreach to create new business opportunities with PLUS partners and other senior team members.
- Consistently add to the skill base of the organization by effectively developing people; create a “best-in-class” staff by driving performance and development initiatives for junior team members.
We offer competitive compensation with opportunity for a year-end bonus, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer a paid maternity leave program and paid vacation and sick leave. In addition, we have a generous flex time schedule around holidays that allows work from home opportunities.
PLUS Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Job posted: 2021-09-13