Managing Director, Public Affairs
About the job
Whether it’s capital, expertise, or creativity, we help the startups we invest in, the companies we work for, and the causes we believe in break through regulatory barriers and operate at full speed. Tusk Strategies solves really hard political problems. We design and execute really complex campaigns at every level of government across the United States. Clients hire us when there’s a lot at stake and winning is absolutely essential. Our value proposition isn’t our rolodex. It’s figuring out the right strategy, developing the campaign, and executing it relentlessly on all fronts.
You will report to the Head of Regulatory Affairs & Campaigns, serving as his deputy. You’ll work closely with other members of the regulatory affairs team, focusing on day-to-day management of campaigns, building and maintaining client relationships, and assisting with business development. You’ll collaborate closely with the communications team to ensure we are delivering effective campaigns that execute on our client’s goals.
You will work with corporate clients dealing with a range of political and regulatory issues:
- You’ll lead multiple client campaigns and oversee every step of the process, from crafting a compelling and creative initial campaign strategy that moves governments, garners press attention, and/or raises the profile of a given issue or client, to driving the execution of this campaign every step of the way.
- You will be responsible for developing a communication framework for your team to coordinate within itself and cross departmentally.
- You will oversee all deliverables for those campaigns, ensuring quality, and will deliver frequent feedback to your team.
- You will work with senior leadership to provide professional development with issue expertise and campaign skills.
- You will manage personnel based remotely and also relationships with outside vendors involved in multi-state campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have at least eight years of experience working across high-stakes campaigns, government affairs, and/or strategic communications initiatives.
Other qualifications include:
- Experience leading a talented and dynamic team while cultivating a collaborative atmosphere.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and a knack for communicating feedback that motivates and inspires teams.
- Demonstrated success at organizing and managing multiple projects at once.
- Understanding of press dynamics and the broader editorial/media landscape.
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to draft strategy memos/briefs and present them to a client under sub-24 hour deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal and influential skills; the ability to gain the respect, build rapport, and negotiate the sometimes competing priorities of multiple constituencies including both internal and external relationships.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (including Drive and Docs) and Microsoft Word.
Benefits and Compensation.
Tusk Strategies offers a competitive compensation package and salary, as well as zero-deductible health insurance, and family leave.
If interested, please send an updated resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2021-02-16