Managing Director, Relationship Management
We are searching for a Managing Director of Relationship Management to join our fast growing Stand Together Music team. Stand Together Music is a movement of cultural changemakers who lead, create and amplify work that bridges divides and creates a world in which everyone can rise to their full potential. Stand Together Music serves as a catalyst to drive consumer awareness, actions and ultimately cultural change on the biggest issues of our generation.
As part of these efforts, you will own the build-out and implementation of a framework that enables Stand Together Music to identify, cultivate, and steward high-leveraged entertainment industry partnerships at scale. You will also assemble and lead a team of relationship managers each focused on cultivating a pipeline of industry partners. To be successful in this role, you will have successfully led a relationship management function and have an existing track record of developing partnerships in the entertainment industry.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Own the vision and strategy for pipeline cultivation and stewardship of influential individuals and institutions within the music and entertainment industry – connecting key relationships to the vision of Stand Together Music, which seeks to unite musicians and changemakers to accelerate the rate of social change in society, beginning with Criminal Justice Reform, Addiction, and Mental Health.
- As a critical people leader on the team, building and overseeing a team of relationship managers who cultivate, steward, and activate partnerships that will create the highest yielding value for Stand Together Music and the priority issues we serve.
- Driving a strong culture consistent with our guiding principles and model this culture across the team.
- Honing and setting standards and best practices for how Stand Together Music’s capabilities and service offerings can align to scalable and repeatable partnership engagements to create a higher volume of partners and increased value creation across the business.
- Collaborating closely with other core lines of Stand Together Music’s business including products, media, and marketing, to ensure that that relationship managers are specializing in cultivation and stewardship to hit key impact metrics.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Experience building and managing partnerships in the music/entertainment industry with proven examples of successfully leading a relationship management function at scale.
- Examples of developing and cultivating partnerships based on mutually aligned goals that produce long term value for both parties.
- Experience leading a team of senior outreach professionals toward high yield outcomes within music and/or social impact.
- Ideally 15+ years of experience within a highly matrixed organization with a complex operating model.
- Strong, existing relationships across the music industry with all levels of talent and their representatives, including the artist, labels, agents, and managers.
- Ability to prioritize multiple inquiries with an established track record of outstanding judgment in a fast-paced, high-profile environment, particularly in dealing with time-sensitive, confidential matters.
- Reputation as a respected and collaborative people leader who enjoys coaching direct reports and building a team and has experience supervising other leaders.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-10