Market Development Manager – Data and Communications
The State Group is one of North America’s leading single source providers of multi-trade industrial and specialty services contractors. We are known for performing work to the highest quality and safety standards and the 1,700 construction professionals we employ help us maintain this well-earned reputation in the Electrical, Mechanical and Civil fields.
As we continue to grow, we are currently looking for Market Development Manager for our Data and Communications business who will report directly to the CEO.
Utilizing technical, sales, and operational experience and industry contacts, the MDM will partner with the operations group to identify and win opportunities, and function as the relationship manager throughout the execution of projects and continuous business partnerships.
- Increase State’s presence, revenue, profit through identification of new opportunities (revenue streams, partnerships, etc.) and the expansion of services with current customers.
- Develop productive and collaborative relationships with internal teams (operations & financial subject matter experts) to maximize business opportunities, industry contacts, and confirm modeling assumptions and forecasts (business plan with target customers, projects, and financial forecasting is expected).
- Continuously expand knowledge of the data and communications market via literature, research, networking, and the development of relationships with external stakeholders, in the construction and data and communications industries.
- Must have 7+ years of business development or high-level program management experience in the construction & operations field (including contacts & and relationships in the data and communications market).
- Possess a global business acumen and a thorough understanding of financial modeling, forecasting, ROI, EBITDA, risk and return calculations, estimating and project management.
- High level of initiative, strong time management skills, able to work in a rapidly changing & growth-oriented environment and able to communicate effectively and persuasively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience required.
The State Group offers a competitive salary, benefits, bonuses and the opportunity to quickly grow your expertise, knowledge, and career. The State Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States with the ability to travel to / from Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-19