Market Research Manager- Public Affairs
Ipsos is the world’s third largest market research company, present in 90 markets and employing more than 18,000 people. Our passionately curious research professionals, analysts and scientists have built unique multi-specialist capabilities that provide true understanding and powerful insights into the actions, opinions and motivations of citizens, consumers, patients, customers or employees. We serve more than 5000 clients across the world with 75 business solutions.
Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos is listed on the Euronext Paris since July 1st, 1999. The company is part of the SBF 120 and the Mid-60 index and is eligible for the Deferred Settlement Service (SRD). ISIN code FR0000073298, Reuters ISOS.PA, Bloomberg IPS:FP www.ipsos.com
Ipsos Public Affairs is a member of the Ipsos Group, a leading global survey-based market research company with offices in 89 countries. Our government clients include the Veterans Health Administration, Defense Health Agency, Social Security Administration, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, U.S. Agency for International Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Federal Trade Commission. Our non-governmental and private sector clients include health insurers, health providers, hospital systems, consumer goods companies, corporate foundations, development NGOs, and numerous consulting and marketing communications firms.
Members of the Ipsos Public Affairs team have advanced degrees in such fields as psychology, sociology, political science, economics, public policy analysis, demography, public health, statistics, international development, business, administration, marketing, and social sciences. Our professionals focus on collecting quantitative and qualitative data in statistically sound manners, performing advanced data analytics on that data to generate new insights for our clients, and providing data-driven advisory services to our clients to strengthen their organizational strategies and processes. Our research scientists are at the forefront of the discussion of such issues as developing estimates from non-probability samples, using quasi-experimental methods to evaluate programs’ impact in developing countries, measuring the performance of health systems in delivering positive patient experiences, and using research to inform and refine interventions to change stakeholder behaviors.
Ipsos Public Affairs also has more than 30 years of experience working with physicians, hospitals, payers, brokers, and other health provider organizations. We have developed a center of expertise that focuses on improving healthcare quality, increasing accountability, providing market insights, and advising on new and emerging health policy issues.
Sound like the right place for your career? Share our passion. Share our success. And join us in being proud to be Ipsos.
Key Areas of Responsibility for a Health Outcomes / Government and Health Services Account Manager
- Client Project Delivery: Lead and contribute with technical and project management expertise to collect data, analyze data, and provide data-driven advice. Coordinate and manage survey research and other types of projects on time and within budget, working closely with our partners across Ipsos service lines and industry. Develop an understanding of our clients’ business issues and the industries (primarily health and the public sector) in which they operate. Collect data, analyze data, and interpret results. Prepare client reports and presentations, using new spins on data visualization.
- Business Development: Along with helping us deliver on projects, contribute to the growth of our business by working on business development initiatives across the business development lifecycle. Prepare and deliver marketing or pitch presentations. Lead and support proposals by writing about past projects, Ipsos approaches, and our corporate and personnel capabilities. Prepare and deliver point-of-view papers or presentations at conferences or industry events. Contribute to Ipsos thought leadership.
- Practice Development: Assist senior leaders with internal operations or initiatives to maintain the health of our business. Contribute to internal training programs to share your expertise with colleagues.
- You have at least 3-4 years of experience working in market research, consulting, professional service firms, and/or the social sciences (advanced degrees can substitute for 2 years of experience)
- You have completed a Bachelor’s Degree level of education (Master’s Degree preferred), preferably in a related major such as public policy or administration, social sciences, public health, marketing, health sciences, business, or mathematics with an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher (transcript copy required upon resume submission)
- You have experience in working with quantitative analysis packages, especially SPSS and/or SAS
- You have a strong working proficiency with Microsoft Office (specifically Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- You have a strong interest in the health sector – health insurance, hospitals, and public health
- You like the idea of working with companies and government agencies to improve their data-driven insight into their markets, improve their operations, and improve their customers’ experiences
- You are a curious self-starter – you don’t like leaving questions unanswered, and no one needs to tell you to go look for new information that will help you better meet our clients’ needs
- You have a strong attention to detail, and to getting things right
- You like working in teams.
Ipsos’ Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Ipsos recognizes the necessity of building an inclusive culture that values each employee’s individuality and diverse perspectives. For more than 40 years, our mission has been to generate and analyze data about society, markets, brands, and behaviors to provide our clients with the insights that elevate their understanding of the world. This could not be fulfilled without Ipsos’ diverse employees who compile and analyze this data—they are the essence of who we are and what we do.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, creating an environment that promotes inclusion, and allowing employees from all walks of life to flourish. Ipsos encourages our employees to act in a respectful and responsible manner, in line with codes of best practices concerning diversity and inclusion, human rights, equality, and civility for every individual.
Ipsos is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected class and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-09