Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Marketing and Communications Associate
The Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) is a thriving professional medical society dedicated to optimizing patient care and improving lives through minimally invasive, image-guided treatments. Located in Fairfax, Virginia, SIR represents one of the most innovative, exciting and competitive specialties in medicine today.
SIR is a 501(c)(6) professional association that supports more than 8,100 interventional radiology physicians, trainees, medical students, scientists and clinical professionals. SIR is also comprised of SIR’s 501(c)(3) Foundation, which focuses on research and fundraising to advance the future of interventional radiology. Together SIR and SIR Foundation have nearly 50 staff, combined annual revenues of $12.6 million, and assets of nearly $17 million.
The Marketing & Communications Associate is a detail-oriented role that requires a solid understanding of marketing techniques and a keen interest in providing a consistent brand voice across all marketing activities to specific audiences. The role requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills. The role includes creating content, coordinating campaigns, testing, tracking KPI’s, creating graphics using various tools, and supporting fellow team members in communications/PR and publishing/content.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Coordinates and assists in creating content for internal and external marketing communications to support SIR goals and build brand awareness.
• Creates and coordinates email campaigns to various audience segments in coordination with staff across the organization.
• Employs a consistent approach to creating email templates, dynamic content, testing methodologies, list segmentation, and deliverability.
• Ensures timely execution and production of marketing/communications programs & projects. Serves as project manager on occasion.
• Coordinates paid and organic search activities, ad trades with partner organizations, and graphic design support for various projects.
• Collaborates with senior staff to establish campaign objectives, complete tasks, identify risks and mitigation tactics, and track KPI’s.
• Creates graphics using Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, and other tools.
• Stays up to date with marketing content best practices and trends.
• Adheres to SIR brand in all digital and print campaigns.
• Maintains organization’s collateral and image archives.
• Maintains excellent internal relationships and coordinates project activities including graphics required for the annual meeting.
• Use data/metrics to monitor and report on program/campaign progress and proactively communicate results to stakeholders.
• Additional responsibilities based on interest and availability include: assisting with production and editing of e-newsletters and blogs, writing content for various channels, and supporting PR activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photo, shop, InDesign) and HTML
• Experience with digital marketing platforms, such as Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, and Meta Ads
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of social management platforms and tools for optimization such as Google Analytics etc.
• Strong writing with storytelling skills with ability to participate in message development and implementation.
• Must be nimble and allow for flexibility when working across teams.
• Ability to effectively analyze situations using problem-solving skills and to exercise good judgement.
• Solid project management with keen attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational and follow through skills with ability to consistently carry out high-quality content deliverables.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable interacting with internal team members and external stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related discipline
• 1-3 years of experience in digital marketing, content development, and/or journalism
• SIR is not considering applicants outside of these states at this time: CO, DC, FL, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, NC, OH, PA, TN, TX, VA
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Small, fast- paced open office environment with moderate noise levels. Use of phones and computers for extended periods of time. Utilize office equipment and communication technologies for conference calls and teleconference meetings/webinars. Requires general mobility to move through the facility. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Frequent interaction with internal staff and physician members/board via phone, in person, email and other mediums. Normal sitting and standing activities for an office environment. Some travel primarily for SIR Annual Meeting and AMA and ACR annual meetings.
SIR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Job posted: 2023-09-14