Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing and Communications Manager works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to strengthen and improve the quality of life across CFNEIA’s 20-county region through the effective implementation of marketing and communication plans and initiatives of the Community Foundation. This position serves as the primary marketing contact for CFNEIA Affiliate Community Foundations, leads the execution of digital communication strategies, and is responsible for assisting with the development of strategic efforts and creative marketing and communications projects. This position ensures that messages are consistent with the Community Foundation brand and mission. Additionally, as a leader on the Impact Team, this position is responsible for full engagement in the implementation of our impact model in which asset development, grantmaking and nonprofit relations are integrated to maximize impact to the community.
The person in this position must demonstrate professional and personal commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion and must be able to work in a team environment to ensure organizational goals are attained.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Overall Planning and Creative
- Support Director of Marketing and Communications in implementation of the marketing plan, content creation, and project management.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications, and other Community Foundation staff, to develop, schedule, and produce original, effective creative assets across multiple platforms.
- Coordinate and produce powerful content that inspires and engages Community Foundation audiences across multiple media platforms. This includes news releases, donor and nonprofit stories, and other philanthropy and community leadership related topics.
Affiliate Strategy and Implementation
- Lead strategic marketing and communications efforts to increase Affiliate Community Foundation awareness and growth, and work with CFNEIA Impact Team and Affiliate Impact Committees to create affiliate specific marketing and communications plans.
- Create from inception to final product marketing materials to promote affiliate foundations and their component funds.
- Plan and develop affiliate communications assets for grant cycles, trainings, and events.
- Assist with public relations and media pitches in affiliate region.
Digital Media Management
- Implement digital strategy and assist in planning and creating content including email marketing, written content, video and photo content, and other resources to engage community members across a variety of platforms.
- Create strategic communications plans for the Foundation’s social media and manage organic and paid content across all platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, and others as determined necessary.
- Design digital graphic assets that meet the needs of the intended audience and are consistent with CFNEIA brand standards.
- Organize, track, and report data for CFNEIA website and social media analytics.
- Assist in maintaining website and website content.
Programs and Fund Communication
- Collaborate with Women for Good program lead to create, manage, and implement communications plan for CFNEIA Women for Good program.
- Work with Teen Trust program lead to create, manage, and implement communications plan for CFNEIA Teen Trust program.
- Develop print and digital collateral for new funds established with the Community Foundation.
The Marketing and Communications Manager reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications. The Manager must be a strategic and creative partner and is expected to manage and facilitate marketing/communications plans. The Director will work effectively and collaboratively with staff, fundholders, Affiliate Community Foundations, and the community at large.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience, degree in marketing, graphic design, advertising, public relations or English preferred.
- 3+ years experience preferred in a marketing communications role.
- Expansive knowledge of digital marketing practices including website and social media platforms.
- Superior writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Creative, conceptual thinker with a keen eye for detail.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products
- Solid portfolio, including written, print, and digital samples.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Photography and video production experience is favorable.
- Proven ability to partner/collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel required (valid driver’s license required)
- Work style characterized by self-motivation, initiative, and integrity.
- Flexibility within a changing and sometimes stressful environment
- Commitment and ability to work both independently and as part of small office team.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and values and demonstrated respect for its constituents.
Up to 25% travel is expected for this position.
Click the button below to apply. Please make sure to upload your cover letter and resume.
Job posted: 2023-09-01