Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Marketing Communication Specialist
As communications specialist for McClatchy, you will develop, build and manage our communications strategy to support a steady flow of information and updates about our business to propel our brand as a publishing leader in local journalism. You will be responsible for executing communications projects that achieve objectives for a variety of stakeholders.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a newly-formed team. The Marketing Communications Specialist will play a key role in differentiating our company through clear and compelling stories. You will be part of a new centralized team of highly specialized marketing resources, supporting multiple business units. In addition to communications, you will be responsible for shepherding projects working across our corporate brand, B2C and B2B channels. You will have excellent program management and organizational, writing, editing and communications skills.
McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, CA. This position is fully remote full-time work from home.
- Drive each project by creating a plan, organizing, and confirming resources needed, taking ownership of the deliverable(s), and meeting the production schedule
- Flawless delivery of written content from project concept through the launch of each project to customers
- Establish content calendars for production
- Learn our audience’s typologies and their preferences to ensure all communication reflects the brand’s voice and resonates with the target customers
- Follow the established content review process with partners, including collaborating with marketing leaders in Central Marketing for quality control
- Collaborates with sales, news or marketing representatives to fully understand product and communication needs.
- Gathers the materials necessary to understand the project and competition in the area such as literature or previous marketing campaigns; analyze these materials to determine the most effective communications technique.
- Based on the assessment, drafts and proposes communications campaigns, which may include social and online media, print media, direct mail, press releases and other multimedia.
- Coordinate and manage packages using various forms of media including video to deliver the right message to the right targets at the right time
- Composes draft speeches for senior management and assists with finalizing speeches
- Ensure projects are tracked and for performance analytics/dashboards
- Evaluate project success against defined benchmarks and KPIs and communicate performance with partners
- Build best practice playbooks for recurring complex initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that may include public speaking and presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Google Stack or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, Communications, or related field.
- Three to five years of related experience writing and editing projects; portfolio of relevant previous projects highly preferred.
Job posted: 2022-08-03