Marketing & Communications Coordinator
POSITION: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
SUPPORTED BY: Director of Marketing & Communications
Visit Mobile is looking for a sharp and energetic addition to their Marketing & Communications team. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will join the department to plan, create, and implement content for various Visit Mobile marketing and communications efforts, including social media, email marketing, and blog writing; as well as other marketing, advertising, public relations, and communications initiatives.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & DUTIES:
– Daily oversight of all social media assets including content curation, photography, and community management of all Visit Mobile’s channels.
– Research, write, edit, and/or coordinate all monthly digital communications such as newsletters, blogs, and website content.
– Maintain an editorial calendar of all the above-mentioned digital communications.
– Collaborate on press releases, media alerts, and other external communications.
– Assist with Public Relations efforts such as media reporting and posting of relevant media coverage of Visit Mobile, partners, and the greater Mobile area.
– Conduct and/or produce a variety of reports and research in Visit Mobile’s databases for the Marketing & Communications department.
– Be flexible and willing to pitch in to help department managers as needed.
The above responsibilities and duties are just a guide and are not necessarily the only initiatives this position will be involved in. This person may also be asked to participate in other special projects, community outreach and events, travel locally to deliver marketing materials, and strategic planning as determined by the Director of Marketing and Communications and/or other organization leaders and teammates.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, or Public Relations recommended.
– One to three years’ related experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
– The ideal candidate would be dynamic, quick-thinking, self-motivated, dependable, enjoys collaborating/teamwork, and is a strong multi-tasker with outstanding time management skills.
– They should also be an effective communicator, possess excellent writing skills, and be able to have some fun – It is the tourism industry, after all!
– Proficiency with major social media platforms and MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Job posted: 2020-10-27